In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

flintlock

jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I just got my first flintlock can't wait to try it out tomarrow,cheap spanish model but looks good to me. besides its the click phoosh bang that I like.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    ground down the pan ,beveled the flash hole,perfected the flint/frizen geometery.went shooting with a few other flint buddies,got some ffg and ffffg powder and it works great.
  • Options
    oldfriendsoldfriends Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jet,Nothing like a well tuned flinter. The smell of the powder, the puff of smoke from the pan and the joy of hitting center. What do you have? I've got a little .36 that shoots center if I can hold her right. Pensylvania full stock. I love it. Been wanting a big bore in flint for a while but just have not found one I want. I've also got a .62 hawkin style (old Sharon rifle)in percussion, Now talk about shooting center, this baby does. Enough about this though. Good luck and shoot center. Ed
    Life is Tough!It's Tougher if You're Stupid
  • Options
    edited November -1
    45 cal spanish.got it at enumclaw bp show a few weeks ago.I have a few friends very into construction.I thought I,d start with the cheapest specimen I could find (so I would know what to look for in a keeper)I had a blast.