In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yeeeeeeouch!

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Was doing my daily skating today and I had a bit of a mishap. Was skatin' toward the bench and I didn't notice a huge divot in the ice. 'Lo and behold, my skate nailed it and I almost did a face-plant into the boards. However, I managed to catch myself, at the expense of my pinkie finger nonetheless. Anyway, the thing swelled right up and hurt like a son of a gun right after I hit it. I finished up my skating an hour later and went on back to college. Now the darn thing is still hurtin' like crazy. It's extremely tender and the range of motion is quite limited. Part of the right side of my hand seems to hurt pretty bad too. Did I managed to snap some bones or is it just a pretty bad jam? Also, should I go see a doctor about it? The student health center on campus is closed for the week and I'd really feel like a moron going to the ER for a finger injury. Any advice? Medical or otherwise?

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ice it for a good long time, take some advil or other anti-inflammatory, and see how it feels in the morning.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Carefully lay the "pinky" across the inside of a door jamb. Close your eyes and have another individual close the door in a brisk, sweeping motion. This works best when using a solid framed door preferrably steel or solid wood. Hope this helps.[:)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you been practicing with your left, if you know what I mean[;)][;)][:D]

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    If it doesn't get better soon, go to the ER. More than likely you've busted a blood vessel if it swelled that quickly. Try alternating heat and ice every 15 minutes as see if that helps.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    If you can move it then it probably isn't broken. Put it in some ice water to numb it up and take some aspirin to get the swelling down. Once you get the swelling to go down you can do a heat pad to ease the pain. When it starts to swell again go back to the ice water etc.. Keep trying everyday to move it around so it doesn't stiffen up.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    a COUPLE QUICK SHOTS OF JACK OR JIM FIXES ALL COLLEGE MISTAKES

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go get it x-rayed NOW. My daughter did much the same thing and tried "self-healing" for a week. By the time she went to the Dr. and found out it was broken, it had started to heal
    CROOKED! GO NOW, PLEASE!

Mudge the caregiver

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Doc JC had an interesting approach. I shudder to think of what is involved having a vasectomy at his office. Slam! Bang! That'll be $250 please.[:0][:0][:0]

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it werent for the risk of a poof I would tell you to soak it in cider. [}:)] Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    does your campus have an er?take your pinky and tape it your finger next to it this will make it feel better

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • Options
    358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to the er and get it checked are wait 45 to 50 years and then say "I sure wish the 8888 finger didn't hurt me all the time"

Son if you didn't learn something today, you wasted the whole day. (Jasper N. Lee, my granddaddy)
  • Options
    wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    Broken or sprained, best to immobilize it. Take a small "popsicle stick". Put it under the pinky, overlaping the palm of your hand. Tape the pinky and stick, to the ring finger (not tightly) just enough to stop it from bending. Try not to use that hand for a couple of days.

Send me $50 and take some advil. [8D]

Dr. Steve

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Cut it off! It'll just give you trouble when you get older!HEH,HEH!OR- get it checked out.