In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mosin Nagant M44

22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Has anyone sportized one of these.
Replaced the stock with Ramline type synthetic.
Removed the Bayonet and lug?
Added a scope?
Bent the bolt?

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first".
(Ronald Reagan)

Comments

• 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Why is the M44 only accurate with the bayonet extended?
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not yet, but i do plan on it by spring, ill probaby have a smith do the bolt though, just trying to find the money now, the m44 i have now is all #`s matching ang laminated stock, i dont want to take that one apart.

HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH.
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, yes. Synthetic, but not a Ramline one, ATI instead. I got one that already had the bayonet lug removed, cut off the end and had it recrowned, use the front sight from a Remington 742 (easy bolt on) and a Millet adjustable rear sight. I don't like any of the scope mounts made for this gun though, but the one use (customized) on the link at the bottom of my post is probably the best bet. Can't really bend the bolt, too short. I did what the guy (also from the link) did and it works sweet. Fun to customized and shoot, cheap, and easy to work with too. Accurate enough for what it was intended for. Have fun.

Michael

http://badone07.freeservers.com/M44sporter/M44sporter.html

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    From the link site posted by Supreme One

quote:Bubba...Don't do this to your collectible rifle.

I don't think with as many that are flooding the US market they will be collectable in the next two life times.

I got one those "Collectibles" for $39 from SOG
    BTW they told me some have some "minor" stock cracks at that price.

Other than that an interesting website.

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.
    I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first".
    (Ronald Reagan)
  • vclubbvclubb Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have spent some time at the collectors sites and the thought process is that these are war relics. Alot of these were used and are historical artifacts. They use the argumetn that you wouldn't cut up a historical document so why would you cut up (Sporsterize) something from another era.

My thoughts are do what you want it jiust makes mine worth more :-)

-Victor

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity."
    Richard M. Nixon
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    when I went to that link provided by Supreme One I got a pop up saying my computer has a parasite and I was offered a free download to sniff out that parasite. Did anyone else get that? Is it just a come-on to everyone that goes to that site?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never like the thought of sporterizing. Its a part of history and shouldnt be messed with. That said, its your rifle do what you want with it!

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I like mine just the way it is, if you make it any lighter, the recoil will be worse than it is now. I bought it for the way it was made and guess I'll like it more in the future just that way.