In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a weird call today.

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
I had a 1994 full size chevy 250 conversion van I sold 3 years ago because it had 205,000 miles on it and though it ran fine I thought I'd rid of it before something real expensive went wrong.
Today a gentleman called me and asked how many original miles were actually on the engine and I told him 205k when I sold it to you. He told me his mechanic said that couldn't be right. When his mech tore the engine down for an overhaul, there was no carbon or sludge build up at all and the bearings were barely worn and using slightly oversized bearings was all it needed.
Now -we towed a 20' trailer for 3 years with this van and made a lot of small trips.
The only thing I told him was that I used 10-40w Amsoil in the engine and changed it every 10,000 miles (w/Amsoil filter).
That's all I use now and will ever use, because the mechanic said that an overhaul really wasn't needed yet, but since he tore it down-go ahead.
How about those apples!???

Comments