In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tax Hike on Social Security Benefits

tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Dear friend of liberty,When Bill Clinton was in office, he rammed an expensive tax hike on Social Security benefits through Congress. Thanks to Bill Clinton, 85% of your Social Security benefits can be taxed! This tax hike has sucked more than $7 billion a year out of taxpayers' pockets and put it into the hands of politicians in Washington, D.C.There's a good chance we can now repeal this outrageous tax and return the $7 billion dollars to the American people. Each year support builds and we get a step closer to repealing this tax on Social Security benefits. One year, repeal even passed the U.S. House. However, Bill Clinton only killed it in the U.S. Senate by threatening to veto it.The pro-government fanatics say this Clinton tax hike only takes "from the rich." Well, did you know that earning $25,000 a year means you're rich? This tax kicks in when you start making $25,000. Each year inflation and bracket creep means more and more people living on a fixed Social Security income get hit with this tax. For years you've paid income taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes, property taxes and all other sorts of taxes, fees, and licenses.Bill Clinton has left Washington. There's a new president in the White House and we now have the best chance we've ever had to end this outrageous tax on your Social Security benefits. H.R. 122 would repeal this tax. It has over 118 cosponsors. Take action today to keep the support for H.R. 122 growing.Go to http://capwiz.com/liberty/issues/bills/?bill=121284 to urge your U.S. representative to cosponsor H.R. 122.Tideman
"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"

Comments

• badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    @#####4&&& dumbocrap taxing )(999*&^5 holes.
    PC=BS
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That $25,000 limit includes half of your Social Security. If you are married they boost it all the way to $32,000. That means if you both recieve a pension & Social Security it will be impossible to withdrawfrom your IRA or 401k without being taxed not only on the withdrawals but on your Social Security as well. The only way around it is to get a divorce & live together, then you get a $25,000 limit each. Bill Summary & Status for the 107th CongressH.R.122 Sponsor: Rep Johnson, Sam(introduced 1/3/2001) Latest Major Action: 1/3/2001 Referred to House committee Title: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the 1993 income tax increase on Social Security benefits. Looks like this is not on the top of anyones agenda.[This message has been edited by gruntled (edited 03-28-2002).]
  • CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't we tax the poor that can work but won't? They don't pay any taxes on the free government money handed to them.I see them in the grocery stores buying food with food stamps & then paying cash for their beer & cigarettes. And now that you got me started. Why don,t I get a discount like senior citizens do when they eat out & travel? It seems to me the seniors that could really use the discount can't afford to do those things. I still have to work for a living. Where's MY discount? This is all my opinion so if it offends anyone I apologize. I have a mother on Social Security & she doesn't go around asking for dicounts wherever she goes.And as for social security being taxed ,it seems to me it should be tax free. The taxes were already paid when it was earned.[This message has been edited by CZECHMATE2 (edited 03-28-2002).]
  • turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many illegals and other foreigners come to this country and right away get on SSI, without ever having contributed to the fund, which means they never paid taxes at all on this windfall.And they can claim children back in the homeland and get extra benefits.Many of them return to their homelands, and never have paid, and will never pay, income tax on their Social Security paycheks.Only the law abiding american need comply with this law.It's a wonder that this system will be defunct by 2010.You figure.[This message has been edited by turbo (edited 03-28-2002).]
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Man I'm sorry I read this post- I'm &%$# mad now!