In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Foggy lense.

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The other day I had a lense on my .243 scope (redfeild) fog up in this damp rainy weather. The other scope on the 22-250 didn't fog up. What can I do to stop this? Supposed to be treated for this.

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BUY A NEW SCOPE?
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure dont recommend you buy a new scope,your talking about very high quality optics.I would make arrangements to send it back to the factory for repair,as their is nothing you can do to prevent it.If you are refering to the out side of the lens I use never fog on mine about twice a yr and never have any problems.

Good Luck!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the condensation is outside use a product for keeping condensation off eyeglasses, check with Aglore.

If it is inside, repair or replace; you have lost the airtight seal, the nitrogen gas has leaked out and moisture laden air has gotten in. It will not get better on its own.

If it is not a new Redfield, but older, I don't believe Blount who now owns Redfield will repair, you will need to seek another. This may help: ABO (USA), phone 305.860.4858 www.abousainc.com
    they work on older Redfields.

He Dog
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    It was on the outside. Was afraid to wipe anything on the coated lense. I know the coatings can be damaged by certain chemicals. Thanks.