In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lighter side of life

TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
Just had a funny happen to me, Im at work, phone rings and I see my home phone displayed. I pick it up and say "Yes Deer" all I hear is laughing. So if course I figure she got into the wine , just kidding ... She tells me, "well I found out the secutiry sytems works". We just had a system install Tuesday. She was setlling down fot the night and the dawg needed to go out, she had the alarm armed in "STAY" mode, which arms the perimeter but not motion detectors, so she open the door and stands there on the steps wondering what the hell is beeping. Well ... it beeps for 45 secs, the all hell breaks loose with a 125db sireen. She realized all of a sudden what she had done and rushes in to try and disarm it ... 45 secs is up BWOOP BWOOP SCREEEEEEEAM BWIOOP (Im laughing my butt off as I type). As she is fumbling around trying to shut it off the phone rings, its the security monitoring people asking if everythings is OK. So she has to tell them the security code and all is well ... Hehehehhe

Good news is, she said it was about 15 secs from the time it went off until they called. WOW .. It Works

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hahaha, I bet that was pretty funny. I love watching my mother panic when I set off her car alarm, it always takes her a few minutes to try to figure out how to shut it off. She'll sit there and hit the lock buttong 20 times really hard hoping it will turn it off, then trys to stick the key in the ignition and when she finally gets it off, she yells at me cause she thinks someone will call the police and tell them she was trying to break into the car, and I just laugh and tell her that no one actually takes car alarms seriously...

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    My Inlaws (outlaws) alarm went off so many times- visited with my ear muffs- Ha! Ha! OOh Well!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I set my own off one night over a bleedin racoon....(in canada) the bedroom has a garden door leading onto a deck from the master bedroom... alarmed of couse... I set the alarm and went to bed... the dog woke me up by pawing on the door... there was a racoon eating out of the bird feeder.... so what do I do?.... yep.. open the garden door and let the dog out to chase it away.... All hell broke loose... that siren is so flippin loud... and of couse it scares the pants off you so much that you forget the phone is going to ring... get the stupid thing shut off... but of course you stand there looking stupid,, trying to remember what the heck to do first....
    That was the first and last time I set it off..

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My alarm system seldom gives me problems. If I have to go back out at night, I just remove the string of empty beer cans that I have draped over the doorknob and it's disengaged. TAH DAH!!

muley

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    muley,do not forget that you have to use the right cans--budweiser.

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people have been known to cruise up and down the isles in parking lots at the mall with their Harleys. If you have the right set of pipes, it seems to set off all kinds of alarms. I have yet to see anyone come running.I hope that is the only reason your new alarm ever goes off.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    4wheeler....Right on, right on!! I tried Coors once when I was young and not a connoisseur of fine beers, but it sounded like the windchimes when the burglar came in.

muley

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**