In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ISP Change

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
Just signed up with NRA Online. Sure feels good to know my money is going somewhere besides Ted Turner's pocket! Anyone else on NRA?

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are the NRA welcome aboard.Recruit new Members as many as you can,we will need them strength is in numbers.And were on an up hill battle.Nice having you on ship!!

Rugster
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will.....do you mean your internet provider is through the NRA? Or did you just join over the internet? I've been wanting to change ISP lately due to shoddy service.

**I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning**
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's right Muley! I got my internet service from the NRA! It sure is nice to give my money where it's needed.

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if this is the one you're referring to, but the current issue has

www.outdoorsunlimited.net

available for $19.95 a month with $1.00 of that going to your favorite national gun/hunting/fishing organization each month. But that's obviously not the same as "NRA Online..."

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Edited by - offeror on 07/01/2002 19:34:32
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's good info. I'll look into it. I'm paying $19.95 a month now and the service isn't good. If they can provide a local number, I'll switch in a heartbeat. Thanks a lot.
    muley

• Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    will....I just looked at the link that University50 provided. It looks good and offers more then my current ISP. There is a local number for my area also. My question is a dumb one, but here goes....I have Outlook Express for my email and like it very much. The NRA ISP says that it has Outlook Express too. But, is it indeed the same format or is it changed in any way? Maybe University50 could answer that too.
    Thanks,
    muley

• Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like the same outlook express.

• Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just signed my brother up for the nra oline, he has his first computer and it has windows xp. nra online worked with the outlook that came with his xp, works find. i'm currently stuck for a couple month due to contact with isp i'm on, att.net, which has been very good, but i like the nra deal, and the service my brother has been getting is just as good, so far.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks fellas..I'm changing.