In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG. 550 & HK G36

MarksmenMarksmen Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
A few months ago I saw somebody selling a SIG. 550 in the shotgun journal but he didnt have a price on it. So I looked it up on gunbroker and the handguards and stock alone cost $500. So how much should I expect to pay for the firearms itself if I ever found one?

If the 1994 AWB sunsets is there a good chance that the HK G36 will be sold in USA? I was looking at a converted SL8, but I could buy 4 AR15 for the price its at.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You should plan on paying around $7000 for a Sig 550 and about $9000 for the rarer Sig 551. There is ZERO chance that a semi auto military version of the G36 will be available if the ban sunsets. The reason is that the Crime Bill has nothing at all to do with the ban on the importation of military style firearms. This ban was from an executive order issued by George Bush (Pappa Bush) back in 1989 and banned imported firearms with such features as pistol grips, bayonet lugs, flash hidders, ect. The chance of seeing that Bush ban over turned is non existant in my opinion as the political will to do this simply does not exist. Even if the congress could pass new legislation to over turn the 1989 ban, do you think GW Bush would sign it and over turn his own fathers law? The only way you'd see a military looking G36 is if you take an SL-8 and can replace 10 of its imported parts with US made items, just like the AK importers are doing so that they can add pistol grips to their rifles.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 552 is one of my favorite modern firearms at the moment, at least in theory, so far. It's a great example of the new PDW concept. Since nature abhors a vacuum for the semi-auto version of a gun like this, either Sig will figure a way to send us some version of it, or I assume that there will be clones of some kind, eventually. Send in the clones!

Meanwhile, my OA-98 will just have to do.... [;)]

[:D][:D][:D]

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Update: A firm called Tactical Weapons Training Academy of Mesa, AZ, says the following:
    "Exclusive distributor for Special Weapons, HK USC-M3, HK SL8-m16 (M16 mag conversion, also available in 16" barrel model "sb", and the HK SL8-G36 also includes the g36 style fixed stock kit), as well as the new Sig SSR (post ban 550 factory gun)....."

"Sig 550 post ban is a factory Sig gun with factory receiver and USA parts to be 922r legal, including fixed open stock, no bayonet mount, and fake hider. Comes with factory 5 rd. mag, additional preban 30 rd. mags are available. Coming soon are postban 551, 552 and sniper versions."
    Contact info is available in current ad (p. 13) in GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LE magazine, but the address is Tactical Weapons Training Academy, 4613 E. Ivy St. #102, Mesa, AZ 85105, Phone: 480-830-5652, and e-mail is Omegaarms@aol.com . Only wish I had some bucks.... [8D]

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."