In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1 CARBINE AMMO

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Is there any more reasonably priced M1 carbine ammo out there? I sure can't find any. You may read that question as cheap. Rosie

Comments

• Options
    NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have used some PMC stuff that was ok...Still havnt found anything that is cheep, it is getting more and more expensive to load up a 30 rounder and have some fun.Check out www.ammoman.com, has sellor and ballot for $109 a 500 shipped [This message has been edited by Nate (edited 03-22-2002).]
  • Options
    Bushy ARBushy AR Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the Cabela's site for made in the U.S.A. ammo with free cans.Not as cheap as S&B but a good deal.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a case of S& B from Natchez--shoots great! $7.70/box on sale now. http://www.natchezss.com
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but if you look under "collectible ammo" on the various sites, it often sells for less than the cost of new ammo in this particular caliber (often does not mean *always,* people).
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    I gotta go with Competentone-That S&B stuff is really nice and fairly cheap, Natchez and J&G both have decent prices for it, (Under $10.00/per 50). The only other two options are to reload your own, or check into buying from the CMP. (The SAME guys who sell Garands "Cheap").
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!![This message has been edited by Matt45 (edited 03-24-2002).]
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nobody has mentioned Cheaperthandirt.com, and I have often found pretty good prices in their mail order catalogs, since they generally have something on sale in each issue. You'd have to get lucky for it to be .30 carbine, but I enjoy getting their catalog in any case. The only thing I don't care for is the shipping cost for ammo by mail order. You can be better off at a gun show.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."