In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Federal Ordnance 1911

BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Been thinking on getting a 1911 style handgun for awhile now.Ran across this one yesterday for $295(can maybe get it for $275).It's
an easy 95% and doesn't appear to have been shot much at all.Have any of you had any experience with these?I know it's not gonna be the best out there,but with funds being limited,I thought it might be a good place to start.I posted on the "Experts" forum and what little response I've gotten has been mixed,so I thought I'd give it a try here.I already know about the company and so-forth,so all I need to know is,Are they OK? Junk? Or a crap shoot?

Thanks,
BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't heard "Fed Ord" in quite a while. Best memory of them is they were definitely the lower end, all right, but Auto Ord was the one with the really bad rep. Of the multiple choice possibilities you list, I'd say "crap shoot." Check it out well. If it operates smoothly and the fit and finish is decent, you might get a good one. I think the steel itself was okay on 'em.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif