In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What's the difference? I'm confused

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This morning president Bush says the coast gaurd will turn back all Haitian refugees. Yet he wants to welcome mexicans who break the law and come here only for economic reasons.

I'm confused. We install a corrupt cruel dictator and then turn away refugees when they run from him or the war to overthrow him. But we welcome with open arms people who aren't refugees, only if they break our laws first.

Both are largely uneducated. One speaks english as it's primary language. The other we have to accomodate for language. Both come here primarily as agricultural workers. Here in the northeast the carribean immigrants of african decent work all the fruit, and the mexicans handle all the vegetables. Don't ask why I don't know. Maybe the business vote is a bunch of bigots with the desire for cheap labor as long as it isn't black.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like if Cubans can reach land by boat, they get a green card. If Haitians reach land by boat, they will be sent back. If Mexicans enter illegally, they may get benefits. [:D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif