In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Will I be pleased with an M48 from SOG?

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm trying to decide whether to order the Yugo Mauser M48 from SOG, in "good to very good" condition for $69. Will I be let down by its condition, especially if I don't pay the premium for hand pick? I like the idea of the shorter (23") barrel on this model, but I worry about the condition.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    It's the "Old Pig in a Poke"

Some get good ones others not so good.

You can always send it back

I don't know if "hand Pick" helps or not.

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

happy_fc.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    You will LOVE your 48. Most all are in "top notch" condition. Most were arsenal storaged after production and only taken out every 10-15 years for test firing, then put back into cosmolinized storage.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one I have looks and shoots good!!
    BE SAFE!! Buffler
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have ordered from SOG and paid the extra $ for handpick and then ordered the same model firearm again without the extra $ for handpick and the non handpick was so close in appearance, condition that unless I wanted it for a collection only and never planning on using it, I would pay the extra $10. But thats just me. I haven't been dissapointed with anything I have received from SOG.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, guys. I did make one mis-statement. It is the 1924 that has the 23" barrel. I will look further at the M48 though because I'd really like to get into my first Mauser and a time when money is tight is a good time to look at (non-Nazi-marked) C&Rs. Whose buying those Nazis, Goth teens? Just kidding. [:D][8D]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

• GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its an AWSEOME gun and fun to shoot. You will not regret the purchase.

GhostCat
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Ghost, an awesome comment...