In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Indiana Gun Sale Immunity Bill

NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I wonder if the Legislature banned nuisance lawsuits today? Or if they've voted on that yet. Could be they'll sweep it under, bowing to the idiot vote.

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The news reported tonight that it was approved today -- out of a State Senate COMMITTEE. Sorry; the earlier impression given by the local media was that the full Senate was considering it today. It did succeed well enough to get out of committee -- it has been slightly softened I hear, but still a strong bill. That is hearsay so far. Next, it is to be considered by the full Senate. I assume there will be a draft online as the full Senate begins to consider it, and we can see what it does and does not do.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    It'll be okay as long as there are no "riders" hung on it as it moves through the State Senate. This is a good time for supporting it. The guys at the gunshop yesterday were only vague in their understanding that this was the state legislature, and what the bill was about. It's a good time to contact our state legislators.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree that we will need to watch for any riders. There has been a gun control group traveling around the state, for example, doing so-called "gun safety education seminars" that are nothing but gun control propaganda. Their concept of teaching gun safety is to display pictures of defensive weapons like a Mac or an AR with a big red line drawn through it. Basically, they seem to be a pro-AWB, pro-HCI group. I'm still wondering what they are up to in Indiana. If by chance they were lobbying in the state capital just now, they might try to hang some phony "gun safety" rider on it. I assume they would be booted out unceremoniously, but these traveling con men are willing to lie and hide bad motives under implied good ones to achieve their ends, so one must keep an eye out.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif