In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Multiple Postings of Same Item

KJACKKJACK Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Always on the lookout for a good deal, I was searching a competitor site when I noticed an item that looked awfully familiar. When I came back to GB, I saw the same item (exact description/pictures).

Could get real interesting if there are minimum bids on both.

Is this common or am I just being naive?

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The seller is being naive, or he has more than one identical item. An auction is a binding contract to sell, and if somebody makes the minimum, it's sold. You don't get more than one or two screw-ups before your account to buy and sell goes away -- assuming somebody has the sense to report you for welching on an auction. Statements about "if it sells in the shop" won't save you, because an auction contract is still an auction contract. If it makes the minimum, it's sold. Sellers take note...

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif