In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is there a sight that hosts movies?

H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have short movies that I took with my digital camera. Are there any sights that will host short movies so that I can post them?

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you create your own website you can buy more megs of server space to host your movies. I have a website over on Netscape for free that gives me 20 megs of site space to put things. But to get as much as you would need for several movies you'd probably need to pay something for the large amount of website room. Still, you can always to a Google search for "free web sites" and see what there is to choose from.

It's pretty easy to put up a simple index.html home page, and once you've done that, you can store pretty much anything behind it, whether it appears on the page or not, at least on some site hosts like Netscape -- others have a rule against storing any material for download from off-site locations. I assume that if your home page features the movie download links, you might get away with it on free sites, and of course if you're paying for your website you can do whatever you like so long as it is not immoral.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif