In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 26

pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I've asked this on the ask the experts forum, but only got one reply. I recently purchased a box of Ranger +P+ ammo at my gun shop. I didn't notice the +P+ and was wondering if I could use that in my Glock without fear of the thing blowing up in my face when I shoot it (if the need ever would arise). I am using those rounds strictly for self defense. should I use them in a different gun, or are they safe in my Glock?thanks,Alex

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just noticed this gun yesterday for what I believe is the first time at the gun store. I don't normally look long at Glocks, but I am in the market for a smaller carry gun, and this one has very good possibilities. The small size of it is amazing, and it is 9mm, which is a step up from my Bersa .380. I was considering a Beretta 9000s, but have not heard anything good about it yet, and also an HK, but those were too big. This Glock is the perfect size. I would also like it because of the known ability of these guns to withstand anything. So some questions: Can you get night sights for this gun? How is it in terms of reliability, meaning does it tend to jam or malfunction a lot? My main concern is finding a gun that does not jam a lot, preferably not at all, because I find it hard to carry anything else except my 92FS, because it never has any problems. The caliber is good because 9mm is still somewhat cheap and I have a lot of it. I believe magazines are easy to find for this gun right? And how about taking it apart, is it easy to strip and put back together? And last one, how does the double action compare to other guns. This one is double action only, and I would prefer one that can do double/single, but I believe Glocks are all double, right? How does the trigger pull compare to say a Beretta 92FS? Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a Glock 26 sometime
    ago.I wanted to see what the
    hype was.Well I hung a 12 inch
    saw blade (The kind they use
    to bury dog fences)56 yds away
    and I'm hitting the darn thing
    quite regularly. Amazing!
    I tried my grand raptor and hit
    it twice out out of 4 clips.[V]
    I"m gonna have to get another glock
    to see if they are all as accurate.
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for it; you can't find anything better for self defence.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With Glocks un-supported chamber I would NEVER shoot +P+ ammo in one ... standard factory ammo only! When in doubt, read your owners manual!
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i went through the whole manual and all the other stuff that glock gives you when you buy the gun. No mention at all about the type of ammo...just says factory loads and no reloads. dang it...I think im just gonna trade it in for a box of the regular stuff. I think they had regular ranger ammo too.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pikeal1,I think thats a good idea, if I remember correctly +P+ ammo has a warning on the box that it is higher pressure than "regular" factory ammo.
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah, it did. I think i saw some of the regular ranger stuff. I bought a 10/22 (finally) and have to pick it up, so i'll just take it with me and swap it out. Thought about it a little more...not a good thing if rounds start going through walls inside my house and stuff...ill trade it for the regular ranger ammo.thanks for all the replies ya'll.Alex
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    +P+ is a term normally reserved for the higher pressure/velocity handgun loads that are approved for law enforcement but not civilians. Since law enforcement uses the exact same handguns we do, there is nothing whatsoever that should prevent a Glock from firing any true +P+ load. In fact, the CorBon loads that Peter Pi created and Massad Ayoob is so fond of, approach +P+ ballistics and there is certainly no problem firing them in any well-made handgun we can own. The only guns I would not fire +P+ in would be old guns (and I mean old -- pre-Glock for sure), and new guns made with small frames and/or lightweight materials that declare that they are not made for +P or +P+ loads (at least two Charter Arms revolvers, the Undercover being one, specify they should not be used with hot loads), and second-rate, cheap or well-worn guns. The loads you want to watch out for are usually handloads by someone you don't know, and "proof" loads which the manufacturers use to safety test guns to their maximum breaking (exploding) point. +P+ is designated for law enforcement, but assuming you can legally own them, has never been identified as being too hot for any factory Glock.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."