In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is $500.00 a good price for a M1 Garand?

trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
There is one in a local paper here for $500.00 dollars.They say it is in excellent condition.

Comments

• njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    It should not only be in excellent condition, it should have correct drawing numbers. IF it does have the right numbers and is not "bubbed up", it can be worth 500.00 and up!

You must be certain that it is not a welded receiver. An arsenel rebuild is also acceptible as they are usually checked for proper operation before returning to service.

I own several M1 Garands and just only returned home from the range after firing about 150 rounds through one of them.

I recommend them to anyone who can afford the cost. It's clearly one on my favorite rifles to shoot.

Check out:

www.fultonarmory.com

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it will fire a full magazine without jamming and is not a rewelded receiver then yes, it is worth $500. Heck, I'll buy it because a Garand around here starts at between $650-700. Let me know, and by the way where is this at?

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    With it being advertised for only 500 bucks, I'd have to guess something might be wrong with it, or the seller doesn't know what he has.

Just my opinion.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be a gun purchased from the govt. through the CMP. Those used to cost about $400, and so someone selling at $500 would be profiting over what it cost him. Around here, some people ask $800 or more so if it's a good one I'd snatch it.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif