In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

computer dummy!!!!!!!!!a question

4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
i am trying to scan and e-mail straight from my printer or picture file. problem is i need to enter the incoming address and smtp outgoing address,i did this using my local internet provider,keep getting error messages which i do not understand. i may need to use my e-mail provider which is thru excite.com but do not have the addresses. i also tried using outlook express and get the same results. it is a pain being stupid. any help out there. thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try and specify what you mean by using your printer??? Are you trying to send a scanned picture through email? I'll try and help you out if you can give me some more details.BT
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your ingoing and outgoing addresses are pretty common to the ISP name, example; mail.earthlink,com for both incoming and outgoing mail. If you are trying to scan a document or picture to email you need to have a folder on your hard drive to scan it to, there are really simple ways to do that and your scanning software will walk you thru that. Once you have the doc or pic scanned to the drive you may then open outlook and click on attatch pic or file. Your scanning software may even allow you to send the scan directly to outlook express. Excite an Yahoo mail among lots of others need no configuring to use. If you are using outlook express, open outlook and click on tools, then go to accounts and click add then mail. Follow the directions and you will come to a window wanting addresses, there is where you enter the incoming and outgoing address, pretty simple. Your ISP may have givin you a starter disc that should do all of that for you.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    thanks 7mm that worked. i knew how to copy files and send e-mail but i wanted to use my lexmark 83 thru the scan control program which is alot easier and faster.