In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Roanoke, VA. gun show

laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
Aug 10-11, Roanoke Civic Center, 500 tables-- should be a good show !

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Oct 26, 27 at Roanoke Civic Center-usually a good one !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jan. 18-19, Roanoke Civic Center
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    laxcoach, Missed you at Salem! 4Wheeler, Reddog and myself met up. We had a good visit. A friend of mine bought a Model 7 for his son from Reddog. We'll try to set up a time to meet at this one. GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GHD, a friend of mine has two tables --he will have a nice Winchester display as well as some Elsies and other long guns. See you there.
  • Options
    ccasey612ccasey612 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell me this. In VA you can not buy more then 1 handgun in a 30 day period. Now I live in Richmond/Chesterfield area. If I went to a gun show and saw maybe 3 or 4 hand gus how could I buy them??? Also how far is Roanoke from Richmond??

If you will blame gun makers for every shooting then blame car maker for every car accident.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ccasey, You can only buy 1 handgun a month in VA. , Unless you buy some from an individual. Don't even try to buy more than 1 a month! The powers that be tend to frown on it. If you come I-64 to I-81 and then south to Roanoke get off at I-581 (Airport Exit). Follow 581 about 7 miles to Orange Ave.East. Go to the first stoplight and turn right and you are at the Civic Center. Will take you 3 hours give or take a few minutes depending on where you are in Richmond. GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ccasey, You can also run 460 West all the way from Richmond. If you come that way you will turn Left at Williamson Road and the civic center will be directly on your right after you go thru the light. Still will take 3 hours to get here. GHD
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I missed you at Salem,It landed on my wifes and myselfs wedding Anniversary.I tried to get her to go to williamsburg,so I could slip off and come.I would like to make plans for us all to meet up.I'll buy lunch.Theres a few guns I want to purchase.Hope they have them reasonable.How was the Salem show? Some fellow Officers I know had to work it,they said it was better than last year

Best!!
    I really would like to get up with you guys!!Yell back if
    you plan on going, everyone.

Rugster

Edited by - rugster on 08/01/2002 15:04:03
  • Options
    ccasey612ccasey612 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks GHD. I do not think I will have the time to make the 3 hour drive. Which it was a little closer to me.

If you will blame gun makers for every shooting then blame car maker for every car accident.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Had a good time at the Salem show,GHD,RED DOG,made an earlier post on it,really liked meeting you guys.I will let yall know about going to the Roanoke show three or four days before show.

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rugster,I forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you and yours and hope you have many,many more!

• Options
    edited November -1
    4-Wheeler, Do you go over to Hillsville over Labor Day? Is it worth coming too? I used to go but haven't for several years and I've heard it has gotten completely huge. Is it because of all the flea market stuff or is there guns everywhere or are the guns mostly down at the VFW building? That might be a place to have a big get together if it's worth fighting the crowd to see. GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rugster, The Salem show was really crowded Saturday, but fairly quiet Sunday. Lots of handguns coming in the door both days, and a fair amount of long guns as well. It's obvious at gun shows when the economy takes a turn for the worse ! Nothing of interest to me-- I'm a double gun guy.
  • Options
    red dogred dog Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD & 4-Wheeler: I sure enjoyed meeting you at the Salem show.
    I will be down stairs near the outside entrance at the Roanoke Show. GHD sure sold me on the 17 and I have on on the way. See you there. Red Dog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GHD,yes I go every year but it is not as good as it once was,my opinion.It has turned mostly into old stuff, not guns like it use to be.There are some interesting guns on the back street east of the VFW.I will go again this year usually on Friday morning when it is a little less crowded.

• Options
    BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RED DOG,I will be there also,at the Sons of Confederate
    Veterans table.Everyone stop by if you get a chance!
    BE SAFE!! BUFFLER
  • Options
    Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CCASEY, you can buy fifty handguns at once in Va.if you want to, you just can't take possesion of more than one handgun in 30 day period without going thru the multiple handgun purchase procedure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    4-Wheeler, If not in a corn field chopping corn on Friday, I'll try to come up there. I hope you weren't headed South on I-77 this PM!! I came North about 5:15PM and the traffic was lined up from the bottom of the mountain all the way to the Hillsville exit!! That's the worst I've ever seen it! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GHD,I try my best and stay off of 77 as much as possible.I will be at the Labor Day Gun Show Friday morning if everything goes well.
    The * are taking care of my corn for me.

Edited by - 4wheeler on 08/02/2002 22:47:33