In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My building got here today

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
It is a steel master building, many bolts to put in and my new 30X30 Garage will be up, once the slab gets poured next week.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like it won't be long
    toss in some photo for us
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are nice! Helped one of my friends put his up 40x75. Then reinforced the the support beams so he could have a 2 ton mono-rail electric hoist system. There is a lot of flexibility with the design of the buildings.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Waiting on one to arrive. Lucky I still need to lay the gravel down.

Need to cover my New tractor.[:D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bruce, you are cutting it close with the temps on pouring that slab[;)] We had several of these buildings put up at the gun club. Some closed and some not, for shooting covers. Get the extended warranty if they offer it and make sure you anchor it as per specs. I also but the foam bats along the roof on the inside to quite it and for insulation purposes. Worked great!!!!! If you are enclosing it, put in a propane hot dog or resnor heater. Those steel building are awesome and very affordable. Plus the snow will slide right off in those brutal Ohio winters.

Hey Brother, how is the neck healing from the surgery?????? You haven't said anything about it in a while. That scar looked nasty to say the least. Hope your feeling up to this job. Wish I lived closer to help you out. I have a "Bulldog" coordless driver that turns those bolts in tight. Bought it when we built ours. Oakie
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Bruce; DO you set your corner and side posts,bolt the siding and roof sections all together ,then pour the slab under the finished shed?
    Or do U have the slab poured then bolt the poles/uprights to it and go from there?
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    I hope it goes together easily for you. I know you will like it.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been toying with the idea of a steel building for some time now. What are the costs on an outfit like that?
    Lookin' forward to seeing some pictures as it goes up!
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An electric impact wrench will help you with all those bolts. I set up a few bucks of scaffolding and tied them down to brace the first section against.