In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock Accessories

4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
What is the best glock site? Ive been looking for the glock lube kit but not having much luck. I went to the Glock website but the accessories category is unavailable at this time. Im thinking of getting a threaded barrel as well and maybe the fake silenser can.

Mis-spelled site as sight, duh, thats why im in an Engineering field and not a writer or teacher ect...lol...

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....

Edited by - 4GodandCountry on 08/01/2002 11:39:54

Comments

• Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    So, I am not a huge fan of buying something and "accessorizing" it. I do from time-to-time, replace a part or two with something that is stronger, more reliable, or fits better, but thats usually the extent of it. Well, I added a couple items to my Glock 22. I put a slip-on rubber grip and added a Glock Tactical light. The grip seems to be nice, just have to see how I like it when shooting. I really like the light. Seems to be well made, is really bright, and still doesn't add a ton of weight to the pistol. Turns it into a REALLY nice little nightstand setup though. [;)]

Hmm...tried posting a picture twice and doesn't seem to be working....I will get one up eventually, but most of you know what it would look like. Just imagine a Glock....with a light.... [:p]

Jon
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That depends. The longest lasting night site is probably the Trijicon 3-dot; mine are still glowing strong after a good 5 years with no dimming in sight. Since gun dealers and armorers have been unanimously surprised when they see how bright these are, I assume they are above average.

I hear the adjustable sights sold on new Glocks are no longer the cheap variety that used to be sold on them just to make them legal. At one time the only ones to buy on your new gun were the fixed. So if you select Glock adjustables, get new ones.

I imagine Novack makes Glock sights and they're a great carry brand. But make sure your gunsmith has the Glock sight tool, because downward as well as sideward pressure must be applied to change sights without damaging something.

I don't know from barrels, except that the ones with a protruding compensator will not slow bullet velocity. It's only the ports which are drilled into your existing Glock slide and barrel that will reduce muzzle velocity by about 50 fps. There's no need to change barrels to standard rifling unless you need to shoot plain lead. The best reasons to get a new Glock barrel is to move up to a match grade like Bar-Sto, or to add a longer barrel with a comp, or so you can change calibers -- like using .357 Sig in a .40 gun.

I have never seen a threaded barrel or silencer can for a Glock at a gun show, but I imagine you either have a source or can mail order. Accuracy is likely to be about the same as your current Glock barrel, maybe less if the can whips up any turbulence in there as the bullet passes through. Of course, if the can provides a true barrel extension (rifled, etc.) I suppose you might get higher velocity. Just babbling though. I have thought about trying a 1/2" longer stainless barrel with ports. I think that would be useful on a compact .40 or .357.

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Edited by - offeror on 07/31/2002 19:52:42
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Cheaper than dirt has Threaded barrels, as well as compensated barrels for glocks, sigs, and browning HP's. As far as the night sights go, I have a set of meprolights on my G26 that work great. I know there is a sight system that has a large dot in front and the back is an "express" type sight. The brand is AO, but they recently changed the name to Express Sight Systems. The website for them is

http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com

Dont know anything about the lube kit, but I've seen several offerings for lube that is supposed to be the same copper lube the guns have from the factory. Just do a search here or on that other auction sight no one likes

I dont know if the barrels in Cheaper than Dirt will improve the accuracy, or if they are of any quality, but the threading is cool.