In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

George Dubya is the MAN!!!

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I really don't care what anyone says, but in the 34 years I've been voting this is the first person I've been *proud* to say was my President, the President of the United States of America. As far as I am concerned, if he continues the way as he has begun, he deserves to have his face carved on Mt. Rushmore.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone notice how it is being billed by the networks.The state of the Union address- WITH THE DEMOCRAT RESPONSE.I do not believe I ever saw a state of the union adrees billed with "With the Republican response" while slick was in office. But of course, no bias in the media.+
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my favorite parts was where W. said some thought the tax cut was too small, and some said the tax cut was too big ..... and if you noticed the dems didn't bite on that one this time. Very little applause compared to his last speech, because they knew the next line was going to slam them again! I loved it!!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No way he should be put on Mt Rushmore....he deserves his own mountain!.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rem, for once at least, I submit to your advice. Man, I love this guy.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    He did a damn fine job. I'm not one for pomp and pageantry, but I must admit the way the whole pre-speech thing was presented was rather exciting.Personally, I want to see a president to a WWF style psych-out during a speech. Like rip off the sport jacket, and get up right in the camera's lens and shake that fist and say "Saddam! We're gonna come over there and CRAM those F-15 jets RIGHT UP YOUR *! Cause WE RULE! Yeaaaah!".What's with the Democratic Response anyway? I personally thought it was really shallow and punitive anyway. The guy spent 5 minutes talking about how all he wants is understanding and love and kindness and brotherhood and how Bush is doing a great job, and the other 15 minutes talking about how Bush is a freakin' moron who cant do anything right.Talkin' out both sides....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dano, the more I have learned about you, stirring aside, the more respect and appreciation I have for you. I consider your post to be high praise, indeed. If ever we should meet, it would be an honor to shake your hand, sir.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I lived in a world where W was considered a progressive liberal.
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Saddam, START DIGGING YOUR HOLE. Your beret will look good over my fireplace (I will leave the bloodstain in of course).
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you notice when porky Kennedy saw the camera was focussed on him as he was sullenly sitting and not applauding while Dubya was getting a standing ovation ?Hillarys' expression was as if she didn'tget a birthday present. What a pair of mean spirited, sorry, self centered S.O.B.s Three cheers for our guy !!!
  • Options
    ifishbajaifishbaja Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think he did a good job as well. It almost appears as if he has had some speach lessons during the last year. One thing That I didn't understand though. I noticed that for about the first 40 minutes, the supreme court justices didn't clap...not once. When the standing ovations came, the would merely stand. Then, after about 40 minutes, the started clapping. All in all it was a good speech.
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I also think he is a fine president.If you have doubts,think of what might have been. Slick Willys' pal Al. Nuff to make me puke.
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    My favorite part of the speech."For too long our culture has said, "If it feels good, do it." Now America is embracing a new ethic and a new creed: "Let's roll." In the sacrifice of soldiers, the fierce brotherhood of firefighters, and the bravery and generosity of ordinary citizens, we have glimpsed what a new culture of responsibility could look like. We want to be a Nation that serves goals larger than self. We have been offered a unique opportunity, and we must not let this moment pass."
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a great speech too. I was impressed by his honed public-speaking skills as well, much better than in the past.I did find myself yelling at my TV, though, as I watched Hillary talking to whoever was sitting next to her and fixing her hair (in other words, not paying attention). I hate that bit*h with a passion..Go George W, LET'S ROLL!G36
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the longest time I never thought we would ever have a President equal to Teddy Roosevelt; but now I'm thinking that GW is getting real real close. The guy is a real stud...not a phony Hollywood clone! And what's even better...our enemies are starting to recognize it. Beach
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was impressed by the directness of his opening statement, no pussyfooting around, came right up front and said we have problems, and what they are! I know I've never seen a State of the Union Address as strong and forthright as last nites'. And like pikeal1, I loved that part about the morality and personal responsibility.G36, I commented to my wife about to about how well spoken he was compared to his bumbling when on the campain trail! He was truly elequent; he inspired pride, strength and determination throughout the address.Hillary looked like one of those little dogs with its head on a spring bobbing up and down in the back window of grandma's car, it was obvious that she could care less what GW had to say ... *
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a proud American last night as I listened to the President speak. First time I have felt that way in eight years.It was also great to hear a State of the Union address without one single mention of the Brady Bill and the usual evil gun garbage we endured from Willie .....
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Dubya.......we're behind you Sir. I, like most others on this board, am once again PROUD to be an American.Now if we can get the Republican voters off their dead as*es, we can return control of the Senate to you also!-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 01-30-2002).]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminded me of Truman, give 'em hell Harry.I like George and admire his speech writer.The 'Let's Roll'was a very touching reference to the Pennsylvania crash victims. That was the last words heard from those guys as they went to take on the murdering sonsabitches in the aircraft. About as appropriate as one can get for a national motto.Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had forgotten (already kicked myself) that those were the last words of the folks on that plane. When my friend reminded me, my eyes filled with tears.I went ahead and joined the freedom corps. They have a section for volunteers to help the police, considering thats what I want to do for a living, I figured it would be a great wayto help the country, and get some experience in the process.Alex
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I LOVED IT!!! He certainly knows how to twist the knife in the Dems. It's gonna' be late today before they come to the realization that he KICKED THEIR BUTTS!!!After the speech, Chris Matthews was asking who we should go after next. Ex-Senator Alan Simpson (who doesn't take crap from anybody)suggested we go after Iraq. The other "talking heads" were all saying, "Oh, Iraq would be tougher than Afghanistan." Simpson says: "Look what happened when we stuck a 2,000 lb bomb in Qadaffi's window. We haven't heard from him in a LONG time". He's right. Cut off the head by any means necessary.Mudge the merciless
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I really liked what the President had to say and the way in which he said it. I just wish they would stop all this idiotic standup-sitdown BS. Just give the address and be done with it.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Pikeal1,How old are you, Bro'?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read your earlier post and thought maybe you weren't of age yet to become a LEO. Are you taking any steps in that direction?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well, I applied for a couple of different departments, and I took the F-bat test (florida basic abilities test) on friday. Only problem was that it was the test was a powerpoint presentation, and the audio was running about 15 seconds slow. It threw off the whole thing. Have to wait another week to get the results. I also applied for a couple of different positions as a corrections officer, and also for the INS. I figure most of these fields are related and at the very least, I can use them as a stepping stone once I get my foot in the door.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you certified in FL?I worked for the State of FL as a CO. Sucks. Great pay and benefits, way to "clickish" - its who ya' know/are.I worked for a small town PD in the Panhandle near Panama City. Chief and his cousin (who is second in command) are crooked/racists. Sucked.Myself and another officer left at the same time, (great guy), he's a State LEO now in FL, I'm an investigator in a law firm in B'ham now. Its great, I make a little more money, and don't have to work shifts, but I start school on Feb 18th for Networking certifications. That should support my family better.Do yourself a favor and go to work for a large agency. Better training, better pay, lots of "betters". Good officers will go far in large agencies. And, as a rule, you don't have to put up with racism/nepotism, etc. Anyway, good luck to ya' and I applaud you for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the heads up. I was trying to figure out how one would go about getting certified without having the job yet. Seems it would make things a hell of a lot easier. Any advice?ThanksAl