In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

would you be wary of an auction if..........

rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
I ask a seller who is 100 miles from me IF I were to bid and win their auction for a pair of rifles could I come pick them up in person since I have a CWP. they emailed me back and said the items were in "their warehouse on Connecticut".

good feedback (100+) but I think I'll pass. seems a little wierd since he and I are in SC and items are 800 miles away.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are these new rifles and is he using stock photos??
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I thought you weren't gonna buy any more stuff off of GunBroker?
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They could be new guns the seller doesn?t own but is planning to order from a distributor, ?his wearhouse? after the auction. Just saying.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The business location and the place where the business houses its inventory don't have to be in the same state? If the price is right who cares where they are
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

I'm not [;)]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if it's a home FFL that doesn't have any inventory and drop ships from his distributor.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    isn't he entitled to privacy?
    afterall, since you asked, he has the right to reject your request. he holds the cards. he has no obligation to do anything you ask. in an auction, you do.
    put yourself in his shoes. he doesn't know you from adam. whos to say you aren't trying to rob him at gunpoint or stake out his place?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's called "drop shipping", & is pretty common among online sellers. It cuts shipping expenses, & the seller doesn't need to pay to have items in stock.

BUT....GB management takes a dim view of sellers who list an item but are unable to ship, regardless of the excuse. If I "win" an auction & the seller tries to tell me that the dog ate his homework, I will file a complaint & GB will likely break his ovaries.

Neal

"Excuses are like baracks; everybody's got one."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no privacy expected when your user name reflects your business name and I can find your website.

and, even that doesn't matter since I think being a verified GB member (whatever that actually is) and having a few thousand positive feedbacks would dispel even the most paranoid of people. but I guess there is a serial killer out there somewhere with stellar FB on fleabay. [:p]

the guns were old and not in production. him only being 100 miles away was a plus because I figured to look at them in his shop before bidding. I was going to pay the buy now price while there and bring them home but alas, he got $500 less for them and GB lost out on $500 worth of extra fee money.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rambo rebel
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter

I'm not [;)]

Well don?t waste electrons on tire kicking established sellers, then