In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Im Tired of this

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Im tired of all these stupid gun laws. No more mags above a 10 round capacity, No foregrips without paper work, certain rifles cant be black any more cause its considered an "assault" color, "sub-machine guns" have to have a fixed stock and a wayyy to long barrel, and so and so on. Who came up with all these laws? There taking all the fun out of shooting. Just because a few people used guns for evil the whole United States has to pay, and that is not fair. We should be able to take a lie detector test, as to what we will use the guns for, and if we pass we could buy whatever we want with limited paper work.

Comments

• Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gene, We are all tired of these gun laws. The problem is that a fairly large group of uninformed Americans believe that ridding the country of guns will bring about a modern day utopia devoid of crime and violence. Many of these people are in Hollywood and believe that if they can produce it on film they can make it happen in reality. They don't have a clue that Hollywood isn't the real thing. All we can do is make arguments to turn back their assaults. Beach
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Well said Beach!!

Boomer

Protect our Constitutional Rights.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gene,
    As far as I know, there aren't any laws (as of yet) restricting the color of the weapon (I'm sure California will be the first), and I don't believe (Very possible I'm wrong) it's illegal to have a foreward grip on a rifle or shotgun (Pistols it is I think). Personally, I don't think you should have to take any kind of test to excercise your rights. The eventual dilution of our rights is inevitable, refuse to submit and you're a terrorist, submit to unconstitutional laws and watch a stagnant, uninformed majority give the few remaining rights away.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No law about the color of a weapon, but there is a law about the color of toy guns.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No law about the color of a weapon, but there is a law about the color of toy guns.
    I just happened to think that there is such a law. You can't paint the end of a gun barrel orange to make it look like a toy gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes there is. You cant have a Black HK SL8, HK USC, and I think theres one more. They have to be light light grey or medium grey. And lots of guns cant have pistol grips! A pistol grip doesnt make the weapon any more deadly. It just makes it more comfortable to hold and shoot.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gene,
    Don't you know those are 'ASSAULT' pistol grips?

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wait wait wait...what is the definition of a pistol grip? I think I might be wrong.
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Beach, intereting that Hollywood hates them, but uses them almost exclusively to advertise their movies?

Next time you're in the Movie Rental Store, walk through the "action" section and count how many will have a picture of a gun on the cover. I bet at least 95%

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com