In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marsh's Crematory

Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Would anyone venture what would be happening on the streets of Atlanta,had Marsh been white, and his victims black?

Comments

• Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You brought up a good question.Are whites less passionate about their views?Are they more compliant?Do they feel that justice should be left to the judicial system?Even if greed,not race was the only factor,we may have seen a different display of emotions and actions if roles were reversed.Just my O2,SxS
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were the victims white?
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No Partick. I am waiting with bated breath for you to expound on this important issue. That's called race baiting. Not nice!Clouder..
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good question Patrick. I would call it an appropriate question, not race baiting.
    PC=BS
  • Options
    tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's really called speculation. But, I'll speculate for y'all. A protest would be held on the steps of the court house in Atlanta. Then, Jesse Jackson and his entourage would get the media all hyped-up about how this is exactly the way the white class has been treating the blacks for years, with no respect. Al Sharpton would try to steal the spotlight away from "Bro' Jackson" with racist remarks about how it's time to GIVE the black race more money, more jobs, more welfare, more, more, more. Give, give give. Finally, a lawsuit or two would be filed against the estate of the offensive party and Jackson, after garnering a hefty sum of "Moola" from the local Atlanta business establishment for not inciting any riots, would ease out of town on his private Lear jet. I've seen it many times. Their calling themselves Reverend doesn't mean they are not extortionists. Pay 'em off and they'll shut up!Tideman
    "Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is sure a LOT of speculation tide, but I can't argue about the extortionists part. White, Black, whatever, manipulating public opinion to cash in deserves a foot up the *.Still, I don't think it is a story that made headlines because it was a racial issue, it made headlines because it is a morbid issue, and people are entertained by the idea of someone planting corpses all over their yard.If everything was about race, then we'd be hearing a lot more about "white cops shoot a black man," like that FBI guy who shot a young man because he fit the description of a robbery suspect.As for all the hype, blame should be placed on the media. You said yourself, "Jesse Jackson and his entourage would get the media all hyped-up about how this is exactly the way the white class has been treating the blacks for years, with no respect."I can't name one black editor in chief in Atlanta. It's your own people that would turn it into a major fiasco. Racial unrest sells. Just my speculation of course...[This message has been edited by niklasal (edited 03-06-2002).]