In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turning 'The Club' Into a Gun

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Turning 'The Club' Into a GunCops warn of sinister use for popular car lock By Rocco ParascandolaSTAFF WRITERFebruary 5, 2002Police are accustomed to breaking up fights in which "The Club" is used to assault someone.Now the NYPD has learned that the more enterprising criminals out there may have figured out a way to turn the popular steering wheel lock into a "rudimentary shotgun," according to an internal memo."Specifically, the handle of the device has been hollowed out to serve as a shotgun barrel," the memo says, going on to explain in detail how the modification is made."Uniformed members of the service should use extreme caution and remain alert for this and other lethal items that may be fashioned from ordinary items."The NYPD says it has not yet seized any Clubs that have been turned into shotguns. A call to Winner International in Sharon, Pa., was not returned.In 1996, a Club was used in the nearly fatal beating of Shane Daniels outside a nightclub in Westhampton Beach. A city police officer was convicted of using his service revolver to keep a crowd at bay while a bodybuilder friend crushed Daniel's skull with the device.The device is the latest in a long line of seemingly everyday objects that have caught the NYPD's eye as potential weapons or hiding places for contraband.Other makeshift weapons include guns fashioned out of beepers and knives that look like lipstick containers and combs. http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/ny-nyclub052576341feb05.story

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am interested in a knife on GB that has a 5 shot 22 revolver build into the handle. Pretty clever device. I thought that firearms that appeared to be something entirely different were illegal. Naturally, this doesn't meen anything to a punk. Maybe I'm wrong or GB wouldn't have taken the ad. Any thoughts guys?BTW, what happened to "protect and serve"?
    cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new."Zip guns" have been around since the sixties.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zip guns were made in 1945 when ammo became available after WW2.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No kidding. When I was a kid, I was at home sick one day and watched Death Wish 2. I saw the guy with a 12gauge zipgun, and in 15 minutes I made one in .38 with junk lying around. It really worked too, I fired it out back as soon as I was done. Scared the * out of me!
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com