In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

delphi forums- how pathetic

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Delphi, one of the largest internet discussion boards, has reached the conclusion that ad banners and pop ups are a waste; no one clicks them. After 17 years, they are broke. I just got an email where they are asking- no begging, even grovelling, that I pay "more than a cost of a movie ticket- but it's worth it!" (so they say). My opinion is that I like discussion boards, but no way I am going to pay them. What do you all think?
"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.

Comments

• Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's about time someone figured that out. I've probably click on advertising links a whole 3 times in my lifetime!
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its a shame SO MANY of them are full of crap or I might actually check some out. A lot of them are full of what i call "virus ads"- you know, the ones that you click once and they automatically download a pop-up program that pops up an ad whenever you close your browser?I got a free firewall that cut that down A LOT. Go to www.zonelabs.com I'm pretty sure that's the link, if not, just do a search.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com