In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Texas Aggie joke

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
HAVE YOU HEARD? Two brothers, an Aggie and a t-sip, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to buy a bull so they can breed their stock. The Aggie balances their checkbook, and then decides to take their last $600 out to West Texas to another ranch where a man has a prize bull for sale. Upon leaving, he tells his tu-ex brother, ?If I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home."
The Ag arrives at the man's ranch,?inspects the bull and decides he does want to buy it. The man tells him that he can sell it for $599, no less. After paying him, the Ag drives to the nearest town to send his brother a telegram. He walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my brother telling him that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need him to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home."
The telegraph operator explains that he'll?be glad to help him, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word."?
With only $1 left, the Aggie realizes he can only send his brother one word. After thinking for a few minutes, he says, "I want you to send him the word, ?comfortable.??
The telegraph operator shakes his head. "How is he ever going to know that you want him to hitch the trailer to your pickup and drive out here to haul the bull back to your ranch if you just write 'comfortable?'"?
The Aggie explains, "My brother?s a t-sip. He'll read it slowly."

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.

Comments