In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Changing your user name !!

johnshee@alphalink.com.aujohnshee@alphalink.com.au Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I tried to put this in general discussion but I have not been able to get on. I am hoping someone can help this computer illiterate person (me). Originally , when I registered , I used my email address as my user name . I now think that this is inappropriate and I should use an alias . I cannot , however find out how to change my username anywhere . I looked on FAQ -nothing. Tried emailing ,but was told to look in FAQ by an automated response that said emails will not be answered?? I tried to register again but it would not let me as email address already in use. Does anyone out there know if this can be done and if so ,how ?? Your help would be greatly appreciated ,please.

Comments

• Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO.I STARTED OUT WITH MY REAL NAME CAUSE I DIDNT KNOW ANY BETTER.AFTER I SAW EVERYONE ELSE USING CODENAMES I WANTED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME BUT ADMIN WILL NOT LET YOU.SORRY I BEEN TRYING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. WALT
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    Mates.. simply go to the links above and fill in the appropiate info and go with the sea Dano.. dont give false info as you do in your li9ne of inept work.[This message has been edited by Captain Gunbroker (edited 02-08-2002).]
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the statement "go to the links" he means go to where it says "profile" near the top of this page. Put in your current name and password, then go in and modify them with the one you want to have. That should fix it.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    walt...what boats were you on????????snake803@juno.com
    edited November -1
    Dano please be cautious where you step for the crew may point you to the plank.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure don't see any place to change your screen name. I see e-mail Address, I see Password, I see URl , I see Occupation. I DON'T see user name.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • johnshee@alphalink.com.aujohnshee@alphalink.com.au Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help folks ,but none of these options work .I have already tried using the changing profile page .Unfortunately ,the username is the only thing you cannot change. It would appear that the only thing I could possibly do is cancel my registration altogether and start from square one again .Does anybody know how to do that ,please??P.S. My user name is different on GB site.[This message has been edited by johnshee@alphalink.com.au (edited 02-08-2002).]
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was shocked to find that you can change your name in the auctions part of Gun Broker, but not in the forums. If I had set it up, it would be the other way around. Be that as it may, there are two different accounts, one for the auction and one for here, and some use one name for auctions and another for the forums.I would try registering a completely new name/account on the forum and just stop using the old name. You will need to set up a temporary mail account for yourself on hotmail or yahoo. Once you get your new account set up for the forum, you can change the email field to your real email address and delete the temporary email account. I tried this and it seemed to work OK. You may be able to get by with a fake temporary email address, but I didn't try that. After you get your new account, you should set the old account's email address to some fake name so there's no interference.[This message has been edited by Gordian Blade (edited 02-08-2002).]
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know why you would need a separate email address to add a second "user name". Several people have numerous names and they used the same email address.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I tried to make a new name with my same email address, it wouldn't let me. But it seems that once you have a new forum name, you can change the email address back to the same old one. I don't know why they did it that way.
  • UnbatolocoUnbatoloco Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Giordian Blade----If this works and my username is changed ,you were spot on .
    edited November -1
    Gordian Blade----Sorry I spelt your name wrong .Well done !!!.Thanks everyone for your help.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dano,Don't be so rough on the privates ... roflmao
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I did is open three accounts with my server( I'm allowed 7 free ). One is my personal account, which I give out only to family and friends. Two is my Business account MagnumDrywall@aol.com. Three is my online auction account also used for boards like this. You might want to open another account and delete this one.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    Right below POST TOPIC is "register" left click that and left click "agree". Put in your new user name using your same E-mail address.Try this I'm sure it will work. Probably will work, or maybe will work. Oh Hell just try it.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    edited November -1
    SO DID YOU GET IT CHANGED?IF YOU DID CAN YOU GIVE ME DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT?
    edited November -1
    HEY STARK I WAS ON THE FLORIDA SSBN 728 BLUE FOR 5&1/2 YEARS.GOT OUT AS A TM2/SS.TWO KINDSA BOATS IN THIS WORLD-SUBMARINES AND TARGETS!
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
    edited November -1
    Walt Nunley
    I started from square one .Went into register section .Put in required user name (unbatoloco).Put in a friends email address(with his permission). Thats all . Then went into profile section and changed the email address to the correct one(johnshee@alphalink.com.au) .Seems to work fine .RugerNiner's method would work ,but I would not have a clue whether I have any more email addresses with my server and my way seemed easy .Good luck.
    edited November -1
    Your username would only change for this B.B.
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do like I do. Just get banned and register with a new name.
    edited November -1
    Miss Creant. with a name as such it could be assumed you have skills that would be needed onboard the USS Gunbroker. if ya can shoot a pistola as well as ya can cook im certain the crew would hail you the queen.Keep another round and a double jigger for Miss Creant if ya please
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Now I`m a bartender??218
  • Mr DonutMr Donut Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or wait and steal one like I did.