In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GREAT NEWS

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in General Discussion
House approves gun bill
05/17/2003
dallas morning news
From Staff Reports

AUSTIN - A bill to strip cities of authority to ban concealed handgun licensees from bringing their weapons into government buildings and other public places was passed by the House on Friday.

Authored by Sen. Ken Armbrister, D-Victoria, the bill could be a defense to prosecution for licensed carriers charged with violating "No firearms" signs posted by cities on public facilities such as libraries and police stations.

Rep. Suzanna Hupp, R-Lampasas, the House sponsor, said licensed carriers are vulnerable to criminal prosecution now because regulations dealing with where they can or cannot bring their weapons vary across the state.

"They can still be arrested. They can still be prosecuted. This is a defense to that prosecution," she said.

Ms. Hupp said that cities are using a "loophole" in the law to regulate handguns, and that the authority to say what places are off-limits rests solely with the Legislature.

Rep. Sylvester Turner, D-Houston, argued vigorously but without success against the bill, saying it "circumvents local control."

"It's bad policy. I believe somewhere down the road it will come back to haunt us," he said.

The bill was opposed in committee by Texas Municipal League and its 1,000 member cities.

Lt. snarlgard RRG
SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO[}:)]
fcb9874f.jpg.thumb.jpgfc21ef6c.gif

Comments

• rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U.S. deficit sets October record of $176.4 billion
    The U.S. government deficit hit a record for October as the new budget year began where the old one ended, with the government awash in red ink. No wonder Obama is flying all over the world now to apologize to the world and beg China to loan us more money for him to spend

Obama team reaches out to airline industry and now he wants to f ck up the airlines under gov control[:(!][xx(][:(][V]
    edited November -1
    Mrs Rogue is getting promoted!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!!

She is getting her Staff Sergeant E-6. It's hard to make that rank sometimes in the Guard because someone has to vacate a slot before someone else can take it....

Anyways, she's not going to get pinned til she gets here for her mid tour. (she wants ME to pin her so she's not going to wear the rank yet but she gets paid for it lol)
    edited November -1
    Just heard form gearheaddad...His One after 909 Giveaway Colt 1903 arrived safe and sound!!!!
    I'd like thank him for being a very nice and patient man because it took a little longer than I had planned due to my mothers surgery (Colon Cancer) and the fact that it is a gazillion miles to the nearest FedEx shipping agent....
    Thanks to all of you that participated in my lil' Beatle's tribute...
    edited November -1
    TEEN SHOOTS ILLEGALS thanks FOX NEWS BUTTE, MONTANA Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders... Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home. It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay-shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12-gauge shotgun. Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee-crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive. It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45-caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest. Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........? An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins, She is still alive. Now THAT is Gun Control! Thought for the day.... Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'. I like this kind of e-mail! American citizens defending themselves and their homes. IF YOU'RE A TRUE AMERICAN PASS THIS ON, IF YOU'RE AGAINST PROTECTING OUR BORDERS DELETE THIS MESSAGE
    edited November -1
    My surgon tolld me today I wont need surgery right now for my cracked implant. He told me it has moved but very little. He put me on a high dosage of percocets which iam not happy about because I had an addiction to them years ago but they work well for me. My wife will be dosing them out to me.[:D]They make me High but atleast I can work without pain. Its that or disability which Iam not going to do. I need to work to feel worthful.[;)]Stupid man pride or maybe iam just being stupid.[;)]
    edited November -1
    we were told today that mom will more then likely be moved to a nursing home next week..
    we can get into the nursing home here in wolfe city, where we are less then 2 minutes away, and max will be around 12min away.

they said what they are doing for her at the hospital she can have done at the nursing home. wow in just 4 weeks after 3 brain surgries and making arrangements for her,and now this,,only tells you that who knows what the future holds.just keep her in your prayers and hopefully she will be able to come home one day...
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats great, you get to pin your wife. Don
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great news.....
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations to your Wife and you. [8D]
  • theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, and thanks for serving our country!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So she outranks you now right?[}:)]

Congrats!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Yeah,

But can ya pin her two outta three times???? [:D][:D][:D]

Congrats to the Mrs! See, all those chin ups didn't go fer naught.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    That is great news! Do you have to follow orders at home now?? Do the dishes, yes dear! Do the laundry, yes dear! [?][?][?]
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! And, as always, thank her for her service to our Country.
  • Reddot47Reddot47 Member Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232
    That is great news! Do you have to follow orders at home now?? Do the dishes, yes dear! Do the laundry, yes dear! [?][?][?]

I think that should be "Dear, yes dear."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232

Sorry guys, I still outrank her[:D][:D]
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, to you both!
    What's next?
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations to the Mrs. And PLEASE tell her thank you.
  • WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you both.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Glad one of ya is moving forward with their life!![:p]

Congrats!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to Mrs. Rogue. Remind her, when I got mine, the symbolism of the rocker was that you were too danged old to be a buck Sgt,so you got to sit in the rocker![:p]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to the Mrs.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Congrats to Mrs. Rogue. Remind her, when I got mine, the symbolism of the rocker was that you were too danged old to be a buck Sgt,so you got to sit in the rocker![:p]

uh, so what's TWO rockers mean??