In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can there be any truth to this?

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Ellen McGirt, at Fortune Mag. reports Ford Motor Foundation will be giving millions to the Black Lives Matter movement. Gotta be all B.S.???

Comments

• Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    FoMoCo is owned and operated by black folks, isn't it?
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Post the link where you heard it.

Might be true. Might not.

Not sure of their 501c3 status.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/16/black-lives-matter-cashes-100-million-liberal-foun/

For all its talk of being a street uprising, Black Lives Matter is increasingly awash in cash, raking in pledges of more than $100 million from liberal foundations and others eager to contribute to what has become the grant-making cause du jour.

The Ford Foundation and Borealis Philanthropy recently announced the formation of the Black-Led Movement Fund [BLMF], a six-year pooled donor campaign aimed at raising $100 million for the Movement for Black Lives coalition.

That funding comes in addition to more than $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement from top Democratic Party donor George Soros through his Open Society Foundations, as well as grant-making from the Center for American Progress.

"The BLMF provides grants, movement building resources, and technical assistance to organizations working advance the leadership and vision of young, Black, atypical, feminists and immigrant leaders who are shaping and leading a national conversation about criminalization, policing and race in America," said the Borealis announcement.

In doing so, however, the foundations have aligned themselves with the staunch left-wing platform of the Movement for Black Lives, which unveiled a policy agenda shortly after the fund was announced accusing Israel of being an "apartheid state" guilty of "genocide."

Released Aug. 1, the platform also calls for defunding police departments, race-based reparations, breaking, voting rights for illegal immigrants, fossil-fuel divestment, an end to private education and charter schools, a "universal basic income," and free college for blacks.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ford foundation hasn't had ties with the Ford Motor for quite awhile

Between 1955 and 1974, the foundation sold its Ford Motor Company holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company. For years, the foundation was the largest, and one of the most influential foundations in the world, with global reach and special interests in economic empowerment, education, human rights, democracy, the creative arts, and Third World development./quote]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care f they give them 100 Trillion dollars Black leaders refuse to hold BLACK people responsible for their own actions.

It won't fix nuthin[xx(]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could spread that money out to the uneducated professional victims in the inner cities of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis and several other and all you would do is make the drug dealers and stolen goods brokers richer.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    "Aimed at raising".

So to your initial concern. No.

---- Edit ----

And the Washington Times is as reliable a source as the New York Post.
    Slightly less reliable than the Huffington Post.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is not surprising, the NFL appears to support them too.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soros is backing BLM and is also backing Hillary and Obama. Check it out.
  • Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    I am all for stopping the unjust killings of citizens in the streets by police.

What's there not to like about that ?

I agree 100%, but....

White dummy gets killed being stupid around cops. White folks understand that dummy is responsible for his own actions.

Black dummy gets killed being stupid around cops. Black folks raise hell, blame whites and cops, say everyone's against them.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is truth to this:

The UAW gives millions towards the election campaigns of
    liberal DEMOCRATS.

This means every time you buy a Ford, GM, or Chrysler product, you are helping elect DEMOCRATs into office. That is the same DEMOCRATS that want to erase your Second Amendment from the US CONS.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by randomnut

I agree 100%, but....

White dummy gets killed being stupid around cops. White folks understand that dummy is responsible for his own actions.

Black dummy gets killed being stupid around cops. Black folks raise hell, blame whites and cops, say everyone's against them.

Generalizations are always wrong.

[;)]
    ....only in a Hillary supporters position...Barz...your a man of color...[:o)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I have never been killed by a policeman...you know why?...because ,when asked to get out of my vehicle., I have always complied with the officers wishes and never gave them a rash of dung..I have stopped in many countries, and survived...because I was courteous to the officer in charge..He does have the badge...have I ever been stopped without cause?...YES! Most all blacks that get killed are resisting arrest, and confrontations..Are blacks stopped more than whites? Sure, but blacks commit more crimes than whites..
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZfCar-Ks8

Once again Blanket propaganda from Lonney Tune Barzilla which has nothing to do with Black Lives Matters as Black men go out and murder White police officers!

And Chicago Black gangs get very little national attention while killing each other in mass! Of course black lives matters has no quarrel there for there is no political gain in it for them! Hypocrites and murders all together there!

serf
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170

The Ford foundation hasn't had ties with the Ford Motor for quite awhile

Between 1955 and 1974, the foundation sold its Ford Motor Company holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company. For years, the foundation was the largest, and one of the most influential foundations in the world, with global reach and special interests in economic empowerment, education, human rights, democracy, the creative arts, and Third World development./quote]

Ah, have it. Thank you.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I have never been killed by a policeman...you know why?...because ,when asked to get out of my vehicle., I have always complied with the officers wishes and never gave them a rash of dung..I have stopped in many countries, and survived...because I was courteous to the officer in charge..He does have the badge...have I ever been stopped without cause?...YES! Most all blacks that get killed are resisting arrest, and confrontations..Are blacks stopped more than whites? Sure, but blacks commit more crimes than whites..

I agree. I've been stopped by LE and have always done as asked and responded politely. I know that he / she probably didn't want to stop me any more that I wanted to be stopped. I know, I know, some on the board will say LE love to, but I'm confident that that's a vast minority...

Rather than "hands up, don't shoot" how about "comply, don't die"
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blacks only get pissed when a black gets shot by a cop. Why don't they get pissed about the 99.989 % of them that don't ?????