In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

History was Made Today

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
The Mrs. and our 3 year old grandson accompanied me to the drag strip today. The first time she ever attend a drag racing event. It was Mopar weekend and I was there both days. I'm sure I'll have some photos to upload here. They both seemed to enjoy themselves pretty much.

Comments

• Options
    Wease01Wease01 Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing you were in Sonoma where the history was made by Robert Hight in funny car when he went over 339 mph in 1000 feet.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats
    glad every one had a great time together

i took both my sons when they were just small rug rats .. they now make fun of me for not giving them ear protection , I just told them to put there hands over the ears when the big boys ran ( and the jet cars during a special event ) , I plead guilty in stupidity
    however that was almost 25 - 30 years ago hearing protection was somewhat uncommon at that time to a lot of us [:(][:(][:(]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******
    edited November -1
    wooo hoooo,,,[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wease01
    I'm guessing you were in Sonoma where the history was made by Robert Hight in funny car when he went over 339 mph in 1000 feet.

The history was that I've been married 36 years. I met my wife 2 years before that so in 38 years plus the other 18 years she's spent on earth she's never been to a drag strip. And I did see Hights's run as well.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome!
    I like drag races cause they are over quick. Not much for 500 laps of Nascar
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Awesome!
    I like drag races cause they are over quick. Not much for 500 laps of Nascar

And you can roam the pits talk to the racers for free, carry in your own food and non alcoholic beverages and they only charge like $4 for a burger.
  • Options
    Wease01Wease01 Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    quote:Originally posted by Wease01

The history was that I've been married 36 years. I met my wife 2 years before that so in 38 years plus the other 18 years she's spent on earth she's never been to a drag strip. And I did see Hights's run as well.

Well now; it seems my wife is the same age as yours and I introduced her to NHRA national events 20 years ago and she's been hooked ever since. She gets down right testy if she can't see them when they are broadcast on TV. She has made it known that she wants to attend every venue on the circuit and so far we've been to Englishtown, Maple Grove, Charlotte, Bristol, Gainesville, Indy and Chicago. We even attended the hot rod reunion drags in Bowling Green. Seven down and fifteen to go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't figure it out she doesn't care to watch the NHRA on TV, but she likes Street Outlaws. I was pretty much dumb founded when she asked to go.