In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We need more old folks to defend us

JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Seems to me that they have more stones than anyone else, and frankly, who would convict them for kickin' A--?

Here's a link to a local story, just happened a day or two ago, 75 year old shoots an intruder:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/news/75-year-old-Detroit-man-who-shot-intruder-won-t-be-charged/-/4714498/9830764/-/6bgab2z/-/index.html

Here's one that likewise happened a few days ago. 81 year old fights off a carjacker:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Elderly-man-saves-wife-from-carjacker-in-Lincoln-Park/-/1719418/9719132/-/132dh1mz/-/index.html

I remember my 81 year old granny coming out of the house with a broom when I was in a fight with some kids down the block....

Comments

• Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    That 75-year-old in Detroit, I suppose they took his gun that evening. I wonder if he'll ever get it back. [V]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell yeah!! Give the old guys a medal!! I wish everyone would respond this way. The world would be much safer.............39 year old car jacker gets turned away by an 81 year old!! Gotta love it!!
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Speaking as an "old guy" I can tell you why we are like this. For one thing we are pissed off about being old, so we are always angry! The other thing is because we realize we are too old to go toe to toe in a fist fight, so we tend to shoot sooner!!![;)][}:)]
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by partisan
    Speaking as an "old guy" I can tell you why we are like this. For one thing we are pissed off about being old, so we are always angry! The other thing is because we realize we are too old to go toe to toe in a fist fight, so we tend to shoot sooner!!![;)][}:)]
    [8][8][8][8][;)]
  • Options
    binky59binky59 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    quote:Originally posted by partisan
    [8][8][8][8][;)]

As an old dude, I'm the one you leave behind to hold em' off until you young guys get away.
    Look at it this way, us old dudes have less to lose than the younger guys. I've seen what I've wanted to see, been where I've wanted to be, and done what I wanted to do, the bucket list is getting shorter, most of the population looks at us as not being a threat, that will work to our advantage.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the older I get the braver i get. I wasn't always that way. Back then I had my whole life ahead of me. Now it's almost past so I have a lot less to loose.