In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USPS tracking service

JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
I ordered a couple of portable hard drive cables from amazon.com on Sunday, 28 October. I chose the eight day standard shipping (it's cheaper). On Monday, 29 October the status was "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, COMPTON, CA 90220". Today, two full business days later the status is "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, COMPTON, CA 90220".

Does this mean the new and improved USPS tracking system sucks just as much as the old system, or that snail mail is even slower than it used to be?
The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.

Comments

• Options
    booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    With what I have seen, I would say all of your points apply. The agency is as worthless in many ways as the POTUS.[V][xx(][:(]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it has to sit somewhere for 8 days before it gets sent to you. [;)]
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might want to check the flea markets and pawn shops near Compton
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Well it has to sit somewhere for 8 days before it gets sent to you. [;)]
    Exactly. They're not about to ship it early.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I ordered something with USPS tracking, it showed up when the tracking said it was still in Milwaukee. (and I'm in Arkansas) So yes, the new system sucks as bad as the old one.[}:)]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you ever been to Compton? Lucky to get out of there alive,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just checked. It's still in Compton. [:D]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you would have paid for the first class or priority, the tracking would be much more accurate and up to date...standard shipping is parcel post and it it very slow. Don't worry, the package will get there!
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are waiting until they get a truck load in your direction to make it more economical to ship.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is James that if you check twice a day...
    You'll see it leaving Compton about 48 hours before it arrives at your door.

The "8 days" is so they can 'Look Busy'...
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    They are waiting until they get a truck load in your direction to make it more economical to ship.
    Now your applying logic to an otherwise illogical situation... Doesn't hold water.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If it stated 8 days for shipping its gonna take 8 days so it sits some where. Your certainly won't get it sooner. They hold it to keep down costs, and when they think you want that is when you'll get it.[;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never had one problem with the USPS. I must be lucky.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now it's in Christiansburg, Virginia. That's a relief because I was starting to think I was going to have to pay a storage fee to Compton, California.

So, I guess the new system is an improvement. With the old system if it gave you any information at all, it showed it stayed in one place until it was delivered. It looks like the improvement is now they actually scan the packages.

I estimate this puts them about twenty years behind UPS. They're catching up!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Now it's in Christiansburg, Virginia. That's a relief because I was starting to think I was going to have to pay a storage fee to Compton, California.

So, I guess the new system is an improvement. With the old system if it gave you any information at all, it showed it stayed in one place until it was delivered. It looks like the improvement is now they actually scan the packages.

I estimate this puts them about twenty years behind UPS. They're catching up!

Remember it only shows on USPS tracking if it is scanned in. I used to just drop off boxes at the post office. Those boxes are never scanned in. I now have to go up to the counter have them scan the box and then get a receipt. Other wise if it never gets to its destination you won't have a leg to stand on in a claim.