In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New car

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
At church this morning, I noticed a Chrysler 300 with dealer tags parked where one of my friends usually parks his 300. I didn't really think it would be his because the new one was an SRT8 and my friend is 91 yrs old. Well, I saw it again tonight at church, parked in the same spot, and had to ask him about it. He kinda blushed and lowered his head and admitted it was his. He just got healed up from a broken hip, not the usual elderly broken hip, but falling off the ladder getting down off the roof, broken hip. His wife of 60 something years said it was really fast! I hope he has fun with it and I also hope that no innocent parties are injured!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just bought a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP. Nice car. Exhaust note will about make any male "mess his pants" if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone here bought a new(er) car in reciently? If so what did they get and are they pleased with it. The reason I ask is Amber is planning on going to get her Master degree soon. Travel will be a big issue (70+ miles 1 way) and the Jeep will not be affordable to drive that far 2-3 times a week. I am thinking we need something that gets ab 30 mph to make it more affordable, however have no experience driving those lil things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mother is in the market for a new car. She is looking at the Subaru Forester. Just wondering if you guys have any GBGD scoop on the reliability of these cars. She currently has a 2002 Ford Explorer and it's starting to nickle and dime her. Also, if you guys have experience with other small SUV type rides I would like to hear what you think of them. The only thing that is a must is it be automatic and 4x4 or all wheel drive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "My uncle in Detroit tried to make a new kind of car. He took the engine from a Ford, the transmission from an Oldsmobile,
    the tires from a Cadillac, and the exhaust system from a Plymouth."

"Really? What did he get?"

"Fifteen years."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got the 07 Mustang. Last friday. 6cyl 5 speed manual. Base model except it has the sports package upgrade for the dash, spoiler, and stripe (not that it really matters to me).

Impressions: it steers and handles very well. Nice tight suspension. Low cabin noise though the tranny can be heard a bit more than might be needed. Positive, smooth (though not light) shifting. Decent acceleration- it ain't the 8, but I couldn't afford that- and light years better than my old Tempo.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I filled her up today and after 200 some miles of driving, I used 10 gallons of gas, meaning I'm close to their 23 mpg city figure. I haven't stalled it since the second day of ownership, and I'm starting to get used to it and being able to drive smoother, get going fast from a light, etc.

See pic. Color didn't matter so long as it wasn't red.

n20919841_32015440_8339.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for one with great fuel mileage but not a shoe box.

Any Ideas.

Kind of Like this one so far.

Hyundai-Sonata-Hybrid-Red-Colour.jpg
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like he built himself an AMC.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭