In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It was Only a Matter of Time

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Someone wanted my FREE pine chips DELIVERED. Woman said Husband wouldn't load them either and wanted me to load them. I simply told her the free pine chips were gone. She got [:(!][:(!], said a few choice words and hung up.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Man says fish stick has Jesus' face

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1124fishstick24.html

Canadian Press
    Nov. 24, 2004 12:00 AM

KINGSTON, Ontario - An eastern Ontario man is hoping to make a bit of money by auctioning a fish stick he says looks like Jesus.

Fred Whan, who has kept the fish stick in his freezer since burning it at dinner a year ago, decided Tuesday that it was time to thaw it out so he could sell it on eBay.

A Florida woman recently sold a decade-old grilled cheese sandwich with the toasty visage of what's purported to be the Virgin Mary for $28,000, according to the eBay Web site.

Whan said he made the discovery while cooking dinner for his kids and several other children he was baby-sitting.

"I burned a few fish sticks, and I said, 'Who wants a fish stick?' and no one wanted them because they were burnt, so I thought I'd better give them to the dogs," he said Tuesday.

When he flipped over one of the pieces of fish to remove it from the pan, it seemed the face of a man was staring up at him.

"I said, 'That looks like a rock singer,' and then my son goes, 'It looks like Jesus,' and I said, 'Well, it does, yeah,' " he said.

Whan, 40, said he figured it would make a good conversation piece for friends and decided to throw the triangular piece of fish in the freezer to keep it as a joke. It was never about making any money from it, he said.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our beloved leader has appointed a Muslim to the federal court."repent the end is near"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If it weren't for a special job this morning it would have been me that discovered this.

http://www.wisn.com/City-worker-finds-body-in-sewer/-/9374034/14367034/-/gih2ll/-/index.html#.T8biJ7hJyzQ.email

File Photo
    [img][/img]MVC-GOINGIN.jpg
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,066 ******
    edited November -1
    Tell us of some of the strange things you've gotten out,,,[?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Joe, if it fits in that hole we've pulled it out. This was the last straw and like I said it was only matter of time. I'm amazed it took this long. Since this was an alley basin that the body parts were found in this is what is commonly found. It's not complete but pretty close.

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Any type of handle broom, rake, shovel etc.
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Computers and related components
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Sewer Grates, More common then you think.
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Assorted dead animals Raccoons, Possum, Cats, Dogs, Skunks. Squirrels
    What ever the above handles were attached to at one time. Rake Heads, Broom Heads etc.
    Assorted calibers of brass and live ammo.
    Clothing Jackets, Pants, Hats, Shirts Dresses etc.
    CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes, cassettes these can be a royal pain as they unravel and then it looks like there are streamers hanging off the truck. Had one once that was almost a block long.
    Knives, Scissors, Screw Drivers, Tire Irons
    Car Batteries

Well this is a pretty basic list and I know I left a bunch of stuff out. But I didn't want to take all night to answer your question.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It happened a couple times to us when I was doing that work one with the vactor and the other time we was TVing the pipe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    It happened a couple times to us when I was doing that work one with the vactor and the other time we was TVing the pipe

What city/cities were you in???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Joe, if it fits in that hole we've pulled it out. This was the last straw and like I said it was only matter of time. I'm amazed it took this long. Since this was an alley basin that the body parts were found in this is what is commonly found. It's not complete but pretty close.

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    What ever the above handles were attached to at one time. Rake Heads, Broom Heads etc.
    CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes, cassettes these can be a royal pain as they unravel and then it looks like there are streamers hanging off the truck. Had one once that was almost a block long.
    Car Batteries

Well this is a pretty basic list and I know I left a bunch of stuff out. But I didn't want to take all night to answer your question.

I can add Gators to that list and in a 96' pipe the nozzle kept getting hung up finally got it clean enough to get the camera done in the pipe and found 3 sections of scaffolding
  • Options
    edited November -1
    most folks, including me,do/have taken it for granted. But let one plug completely and see who raises hell. So,pretty much,if its been seen above ground its probably been seen in the sewers/drains too.
    I'd have a ball running your rig,treasure hunt everyday.
  • Options
    edited November -1

What city/cities were you in???

south Florida Broward county first time on second time West Palm Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Car Batteries

I can add Gators to that list and in a 96' pipe the nozzle kept getting hung up finally got it clean enough to get the camera done in the pipe and found 3 sections of scaffolding

The scaffolding is cool and to bad we don't have gators.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Car Batteries

Back when we use to winch the camera thru I had a Rat ride the cable from MH to MH most of the time the gators would run from the camera but we had a couple attack it but I think they we're mad drom the jet nozzle chasing them while we was cleaning the pipe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    most folks, including me,do/have taken it for granted. But let one plug completely and see who raises hell. So,pretty much,if its been seen above ground its probably been seen in the sewers/drains too.
    I'd have a ball running your rig,treasure hunt everyday.

Well most of the time when they get plugged up it is because there is dirt and debris on top of the grate. You think if you had one of these grates in front of your house that you'd try and keep it clean. We can clean a catch basin and grate on Monday and by Friday it is plugged up again. There is so much trash in the streets in certain parts of the city and throw in some grass clippings and leaves and its a disaster in the making.

On a positive note the newer and or better parts of the city have separate storm and sanitary sewers so it is not as much of a problem.

The parts of the city I clean are where the sanitary and storm sewers are combined known as a Combine System. These are found in the older parts of the city. This is where the rats and cockroaches hang out as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like you live close to where a couple of our TV trucks were made we had couple of the ARIES truck
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Car Batteries

Back when we use to winch the camera thru I had a Rat ride the cable from MH to MH most of the time the gators would run from the camera but we had a couple attack it but I think they we're mad drom the jet nozzle chasing them while we was cleaning the pipe

Are main problems are the Raccoons in the storm sewers. I also heard that one of our TV crews flipped their camera over and couldn't get it out. Supposedly they were gonna do a complete dig out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like you live close to where a couple of our TV trucks were made we had couple of the ARIES truck

Yes Aries is in Waukesha and less then a mile from Midwest Industries.
    Kinda makes it convenient at times.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Car Batteries

Are main problems are the Raccoons in the storm sewers. I also heard that one of our TV crews flipped their camera over and couldn't get it out. Supposedly they were gonna do a complete dig out.

In my younger skinner days I would crawl pipe down to 15" to go get the camera my limit now is a 36" pipe
  • Options
    edited November -1

Lumber
    Garden Hose
    Balls of all kinds
    Most car parts
    Electrical Conduit
    Cell Phones
    Car tires
    Car Wheels
    Tv's
    Metal Poles
    Rain Gutter sections
    Basketball Rims
    Sawed Off Shotgun
    Lawn Trimmers
    Steam Iron
    Complete Bags of Garbage
    Car Batteries

In my younger skinner days I would crawl pipe down to 15" to go get the camera my limit now is a 36" pipe

All of our cameras have the 6 wheel configuration and then range in size from 4 inch tires up to 10 inch tires. Only problem is most but not all of our manholes are 30 inches across.
    It wasn't that long ago where we had the tracked cameras and it wasn't that long before that then we had the ones that were pulled through by a cable. We did have a former Tunnel Rat from Vietnam that did those sort of things of what you speak.

He retired a couple of years ago and died about a year after retirement. We've got to many fat women and men working here now. So it isn't to often we even go down in the holes any more.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,042 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    crazy

Very!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's a slight update. They found no torso and the head was cut off directly below the chin, An autopsy was planned for later today. I'm now working within a few blocks of where they found the body parts. I guess I'll have to pay a little more attention when I open a grate. Well I usually do anyways.