In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NJ: Proposed Law Makes Blocked Hi-cap Mag Owners Felons (1/17/2002)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Proposed changes to the New Jersey Administrative Code say that temporarily blocked large capacity magazines are unlawful despite the State Police having issued written opinions in the past saying these temporarily blocked LCM's were lawful. 1000's of unsuspecting citizens are going to be turned into criminals (18 months max jail) who are unaware of this reversal and who fail to take remedial action with in the limited time frame. The comment period is NOW!
http://www.state.nj.us/lps/rules/njsp/rp010702a.htm

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me guess -- in New Jersey, pre-ban hi-cap mags are not legal unless they're blocked to accept only 10 rounds? I don't know what this issue is, but that would be my best reading. What are people supposed to do with these? Sell them out of state? Course, if the state was willing to buy them at market.... ($100+ a pop for Glocks, say)... not that I'd want to give mine up at any price.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is why we need the NRA!
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.