In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP! I Need Info Fast!

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I ordered magazines off the internet.Ruger Factory # P-17. On the ad it says they will hold 11-40cal. or 15-9mm. Does anybody know anything about these? I want to know if it's true. I've been told I'm being scammed with 40cal. mags.I need them for a Ruger P-85 9mm. This website won't let me post the website I got them from. But they are new in the package marked P-17. Originally 15 round mags were marked P-15?
Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself![This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).]
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard people say that you can load 15 rounds of 9mm into the .40 S&W Ruger magazine--I've never tried it. I do know that both the magazines will fit into and latch in the magazine well of either gun. (Although wasn't the P-85 the first P-series; I think some of them had a different latch point in the mags than the later P-series pistols; anybody have better info. on this?)When you get your mags, give it a try and let us know if it works.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I have used a P85's mags in my P89. I think they were factory original, but I'm not positive. I bought three WMP hi-caps. All three had feeding problems and two would not drop free.I now have three Ramline brand hi-caps now for my P89. They hold 18. They work great, I love them. Good luck finding any and if you do, let me know if you don't buy them all, 'cause I want more. They have a steel band, not a spring. You can take the floor plate off and still use them.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've tried that very trick with the Beretta 92 and Beretta 96. It does work, although "jerry-rigging" a defensive handgun like that makes me a bit nervous.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Evil, I think Ramline makes mags for the 92 like the P89. Holds 18 and mine are dependable. Just FYI.The only difference between a Beretta 92 mag and a Ruger P89 mag is the 92 has two slotted latch catches on the edges and the P89 has one square hole for a catch in the middle.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I called Ruger today and they told me they would definately NOT fit my early P-85. These are 40 Cal. even though you can put 9mm in they probably wouldn't function all the time. Thanks For everybody's feedback. Now I have to retract my bid, even though I won the auction. But his E-Mail to me assured me they would fit. I think this is the first time in my Life I've been Lied to.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.