In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are some of us getting old?

2»

Comments

• robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, you guys took this thread in a really cool direction, wasnt expecting it, thanks, I learned a few things myself, makes you have a romantic kind of view of the past, but I suppose it doesnt seem so romatic to those that were there, huh? If you want to feel old, do what I did Sunday, stay up for 24 hrs. straight, it will ALWAYS kick my butt, just cant get use to it. Throws me off for 24 hrs. Cant sleep, cant stay awake. Gotta love it!
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • llibllib Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahh, the old days....My brother and I would leave the house with our .22 rifle or shotgun across the handle bars of our bikes. Ride up the main street, through the business section, past the court house and then out the old Cotton Belt R.R. for a couple of miles. Cross a fence (no one carried then) and hunt till dark.F.D.R.'s voice came over the big radio, floor model. Saturday morning movies were 9 cents, 15 cents week day evenings.Abortions were coat hangered in the back of the local drug store after closing hours.Ice came off Mr. Stewart's white Ice Wagon pulled by the huge draft horse up the brick street.When school started we got two pair of Levis for the year, $3.25 a pair.First job paid $18 a week for 48 hours, always had pocket money.Now I'm retired, 8 1/2 years, travel, collect guns and still believe the old days were more fun!
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Remember Savings Stamps? Gas was 15 cents a gallon (plus a bunch of ration stamps). Meatless Tuesdays. Scrap drives and collecting milkweed pods (kapok for lifejackets)....a big coal sack full was worth 50 cents...had a bunch of fun with my buddies collecting them in the fall.Some things weren't so much fun. When the blue star in the window turned to gold....and the whole neighborhood cried.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, some of these posts make feel young.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.