In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got the Militec-1 lubricant and grease

4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Got the Militec lube and grease yesterday and decided to give the old Kimber a good scrub. I used Kenny's Blue wonder gun cleaner to get all the old oil and grease off before applying the Militec. Let me again say, Good show Kenny, once again your cleaner was able to find and remove fouling that the old Hopps just left behind. Anywho, after a good scrub with the Blue Wonder I went to work placing a film of the Militec-1 lube on the slide, barrel, trigger, grip safety ect. I then put some of the Militec grease on the slide grooves and reassemble the weapon. I wiped her down real good with a silicone gun rag and worked the action. It was as smooth as glass and I could definately tell a difference from the gun grease and mil spec lube Im used to using. I still havent shot it yet but I am certain I will enjoy this product.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."

Comments

• Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Where'd ya get it? I've been hearing a bit about this stuff and I think I might need to go out and buy me a can/bottle/jar or whatever that stuff comes in.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pikeal1, go to www.militec.com they have an offer for a free sample of their grease and lube. All you have to do is e-mail them your address and they'll send it right out to you.

• Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up. I just emailed them. I've heard good things about this product and look forward to using it.

Thanks again 4G&C

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your welcome, to give and recieve input and information is precisely why most of us come here and Im glad I could help. I got the info from an earlier post from another GB member, I think it was idsman but cant recall so my thanks goes out to him or whoever it was that posted the info previously.[:D]

• Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Sounds very like the product I use called Fastex,which is what the Brit special forces use.Try heating the gun up first wth a hair dryer or just leave in sun and then applying the lube,if it is similiar it will work much better with the introduction of heat.I have been using Fastex for about 9 years now on all my guns including auto and black powder.Have increased velocity someand it makes cleaning much easier.They also make pruducts for lubing reloading dies and engine additives. I have sent for a sample of Miltec and will compare the two products.

Those who live by the sword will be killed by those who dont. Glyn
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I received my free sample of MILTEC yesterday. Cleaned and degreesed my SIG 226, and applied this lube. Put 100 rounds thru the pistol, and worked real slick. This little sample pail will last a long time, but if I do need more, who out there sells it??

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recieved the oil last week. SOB's didn't send me any grease.
    I too used it on my slide and was amazed at the difference it made.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    Flatlander03Flatlander03 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be careful of who or what you call a SOB.

They only send what ya ask for. If you want the grease go back and ask for it. They'll get ya one.

Flatlander03.jpeg
    [img]http://personal.zcloud.net/dean/Ban Daley not guns.jpeg[/img]
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

George Carlin
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I should have put a smiley face on my post.
    I am very appreciative of their generosity and will buy more when I can find it.
    I didn't think anybody would take me literally.
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    Does that make up for it?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.