In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New truck....

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I drove a dodge 1/2 ton truck for 7 years- had a v6 engine and was under powered because it shifted every time I took the smallest hill. The noise in the cabin was loud(per se). I had to replace the trans. at 98k miles and at 144k the trans. was making the same "going to go out noise " so I got rid of the truck. Bought a Ford F150 1/2 ton with the 4.6L v8. I am a happy camper, the ford is 5 times better than the dodge. I will never buy another dodge. After 7 years-I paid only 1,200.00 more for the ford and got a v8 and the performance is 300% better. Time will tell
....!!!

Comments

• Options
    michael minarikmichael minarik Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had FORD pick-up 4x4's and nothing else since 1971!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You like Fords so much, do me a favor and buy mine so I can get a Dodge!
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Dodge full size truck for $2100 with 86,000 miles on it (ex Township Water and Sewer Co. truck). I replaced the Trans with a used one for $250. I kept it for 11 years and sold it with 325,000 miles on it for $1,100. The engine was the famous 318ci. Other than the Trans the only other major repairs were Timing chain and spider gears. It was the best vehicle investment I ever made. I think if you had a V-8 instead of a six cylinder your opinion would be different.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone buy a full-sized pickup with a V-6 engine?I have a 1987 Dodge D-150 that I bought new, has 105K on it and still runs like a top. 318 V-8 with a heavy 4-speed stick.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1965 Chevy pickup, with 316,000 miles on it. HARD miles, too. I pull trailers, cars, everything with it, no problems. Has the fantastic 250 engine in it, works great. Has the original engine and tranny.Merc
  • Options
    CZECHMATE2CZECHMATE2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wait till you see & drive a Ford with the new 4.5 liter Power Stroke diesel that is coming out. Then you'll understand the reasons for buying a full size truck with a v6.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a '99 Ram 1500 "Land Yacht" w/5.9 V8.I LOVE IT.Mudge the contented
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I would rather PUSH a FORD than DRIVE a DODGE
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Single shot.....and you probably will have to. Mudge the stirrer
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    S&W ManS&W Man Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know Mudge. I have a Ford ? ton that is 22 years old, has over 165K miles on it and still runs like a top. It has the old 300CID inline 6, best truck engine ever built, and has yet to have a bolt cracked on the engine, clutches, yes, tranny no. Wouldn't have a v-6 in a truck on a bet. My company truck, 6 years old, has a v-6 have had 4 tranny's and engine reworked twice. It AIN'T a Ford.Chrysler - smartest car company in the world- puts right on the front what to do when you see it, DODGE.
    The second admendment GUARANTEES the other nine and the Constitution!
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my chevy s-10 has the famous 2.8-liter v/6 & can out-slow anybody here! barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm on my 3rd suburban 4x4. Nothing I can complain about, they will do anything you ask of them. Not to mention safety!!! Got my 85 suburban for free if I towed it away. rebuilt the 350 turbo trans and put headers and 2 1/2" duals on it, tuned the holly carb and painted her CAMO!!!!! Man, I like that truck, perfect for hunting and working around the yard. Of course, the wife gets to drive the 2001 every day!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!
  • Options
    LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's good and bad ones in all of them. My company has a whole fleet of Fords. Most of them are good except the 99 ranger dual-fuel models. If they was crushed it would be an improvement.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    After a bad experience with Chevrolet, I changed to Fords. I never had one leave me walking, and average around 350,000 on each one. Not a bad record in my book!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    Lone WolfeLone Wolfe Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All i have to say is if you can't Dodge it Ram it!! 7MM do you drive a pete or a Friegtliner?
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lone wolf, I used to own a Kenworth T-600 and I leased a couple Frightshakers. Since then I have been driving company truck, 379 Pete. I'm spoiled, I don't ever wanna put myself in another Frtshaker again.
  • Options
    Lone WolfeLone Wolfe Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well 7mm i was wndering cause when you drove those frgtshakers u where driving a dodge lol
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Gee, I have a 99 Ford Ranger that I bought new in Nov. 98. I live so far out in the bush that it just went over 11,000 miles in almost 3 1/2 years of driving it to and from work.
    AlleninAlaska
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Ford Taurus; it has four doors and a trunk!competentone, the nerd.(Mudge, I'll get your royalty check in the mail Monday.)
  • Options
    25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just an old joke, not trying to stir. Does anyone know what FORD stands For? F
    g Old Rebuilt Dodge.
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will put my 97 3/4 ton dodge up against any other truck like it. This girl has a v-10 with a auto trans. Has 130,000 miles on it, has hauled OVER 1 million pounds of steel ( AND YES, I CAN PROVE IT!). I have replaced the brakes 4 times, had 5 sets of new tires on it, and have changed the thermostat once. Other than that, no problems. This truck has been used hard, and still works every day. I ain't talking about hauling fence post and dressers, I'm talking rail, spikes, tie plates, ties, train wheels, you know,, the stuff the fords run away and hide from. You can take any ford pickup on the road, crush it into a cube, throw it in this dodge, and I will haul it 50 miles at 75 mph to the scrapyard. Like your fords, hey that's ok, but I rolled my wifes 98 1 Ton Dually Dodge end over end on Christmas day, and walked away! That alone says something.What's hard to beleive is I'm still alive after telling her I wrecked her truck!If I could post a photo, I'd show you what a million pounds of junk will do to a truck.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's that saying? On a quiet night you can hear a Ford rusting out.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.