In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Line in the sand.

jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
After Waco, a lot of bumper stickers and "T" shirts were around saying "Waco, never again." Meaning if it happened a lot of people were going to go and help out against the jack boots. Well, it is still happening, though not so well televised. If you haven't noticed, your not looking. Gun owners, land owners, parents and people who just speak out against the system are being victimized by those in power.I have personally heard people say that they will do this or that when it does happen. And then when it does, they say "well they must be doing something illegal for the cops to raid them." I think most people are expecting this big revolution to happen, so the lines will be drawn for them. But I don't think it's going to happen. It's going to be a slow process with no clear enemy. And when someone does speak out and defies illegal gun laws, then they are branded a terrorist by the media and everyone believes it, including gun owners who join in the condemnation. It's always the "when they come after mine" mentality. And when they do come after yours, you will be branded a criminal, and everyone will be saying it's people like you that gives us gun owners a bad name.Gun owners, because they are law abiding, will obey gun laws, till the laws legislate guns out of existence.So where will you draw the line and be a criminal?[This message has been edited by jeenyes (edited 04-04-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jeenyes;I have already drawn my line. I really don't have much to live for so I am ready to die for what I beleive in. This too will go unnoticed.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Step 1: Pass so many laws that nobody can possibly know them all, much less obey them all.Step 2: Selectively enforce them against those you don't like.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only two replies?
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would've replied sooner, but I was dusting off the brass and getting it ready to reload.
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think more would have replied, but most of the regulars around here have so many guns that by the time they finish cleaning them all, the first one has gotten dusty and they have to start all over again. Keeps them pretty busy.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeeneyes:Where do I know you from? I'm having trouble placing your name but I know we've spoken several times in the past.
    Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jeenyes: So where will you draw the line and be a criminal?I drew my line in the sand a couple of years ago, and simply ignore unconstitutional gun laws.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Evil, jeenyes use to be my screen name on AOL. We might have met somewhere on the internet. It seems we both are somewhat in the "movement" so to speak. I have met many patriots in the last 20 years.[This message has been edited by jeenyes (edited 04-06-2002).]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I think most of us have a line in our minds and keep it to ourselves. I know where mine is, and will keep it to myself.Except for this one: Though I have spent most of my adult life in law enforcement, I will NEVER participate in a roundup of guns and gun owners. Should that day come, I will be a retired cop and an outlaw.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you NUNN. It's nice to know you are one of us.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.