In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AVG Antivirus

WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
Anyone use AVG Antivirus (free)? Kim Kommando recommends it. Just wondering if any of you think it is a decent program. I was thinking of canceling my McAfee subscription.

AVG Antivirus from Grisoft

This antivirus program not only protects your computer against viruses, worms and malicious code - it's free! AVG AntiVirus allows you to scan on demand or at scheduled times. It also features an e-mail scanner that supports most e-mail programs such as Outlook Express and Eudora.

texasC.gifthumb_Texas-AM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isnt it free for like 30 days then you have to buy the product.. like a trial version ?

Buy a Livestrong Band today and support cancer research !!
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Looks to me to be a different "Free" version, according to their website. I too would like to know if its any good so I can dump Norton and Mcafee also.
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Ben

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is a free home edition.

C&P from their website:

AVG Free Edition is available free-of-charge to home users! AVG Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only.
    Use of AVG Free Edition within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.

• Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used it for many years. Never really had any thing drastic go wrong. still get a lot of adware / spyware, but spy sweeper clens those up fast. it detects and deletes a bunch of viruses every month of my computer.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:it detects and deletes a bunch of viruses every month of my computer.

Muss, where have you been sticking your floppy? [:D]

• Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use avg it's ok not the best but if you dont have any it's better then nothing another one you can get is etrust ez armor you can get it for a year for free and they give you a discount for the second year
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I highly recommend the FREE Version.
    I've been using it for almost a year now.
    A Computer Nerd told me about it and said the Free Version is better then Norton.

You also need this for Adware.
    It is the most popular Free Spyware Catcher there is.
    http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10399602.html?tag=pop

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    [img]http://www.ice.gov/graphics/index.htm Report Suspected Violations of Immigration Laws, Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.[/img]
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.