In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hurt'in thumbs...

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
No, its not garand thumb. But loaders thumb. Its time for me to rotate magazines and ammunition. Why can't all magazines be as easy to load as AR magazines, my thumbs hurt.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !

Comments

• Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I agree,when I load the 9mm 50 rounders my thumbs feel like they are going to break off. There are devices to load magazines but I have never used them.

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking the same thing loading 14-15rd, 2-20rd, an 12-30rd 9mm mags yesterday. An AK is so easy to load you don't need a whole lot of mags, 6 or 7 would be enough.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner,

I use Ruger's factory reloader for my double stack P89 mags. I've got two 10 rounders, three 15 rounders, three 18 rounders, and four 30 rounders. It helps alot. I think they'll send you one for a couple of dollars.

I'm not afraid of the dark...the dark is afraid of me!
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I see a money making oportunity here!
    An cordless electric operated mag. loader.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I see Daddo getting sued because a round got jammed in his Load-O-Matic and squeezed off killing the family Gheko

I'm not afraid of the dark...the dark is afraid of me!
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    simonbs;

I was using a Factory Easy Loader. But the Ak ammo just snap right in. You don't have to push the previous round down with your left hand (easy loader) and put the next round on top of it and then slide it to the back of the Mag. It's just a lot of ammo. But I can shoot over 600 rounds without reloading and because it's a Ruger, without Cleaning.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.