In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 541 Target 22 lr?

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Posted earlier about picking one up in a trade along with the Winchester 75 Sporter. I had hoped someone would have given me the poop on the 541-T before I go shoot it tommorrow and can't trade it back for the same amount. Looks like a dog laying next to that fine walnut on the old Winnie, but it appears to be a nice rifle.Scope only, bull target crowned barrel.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't under estimate the ol' Remingtons accuracy. My 540x does fine.
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bdj

I had a 541-T a few years back, it really like CCI Green Tag ammo. I didn't think I needed a 22 that heavy and traded it for a 700 classic 300H&H. I liked it, just didn't have a practical use for it.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only feed my target gun standard velocity .
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I just have a thing for small bores and rim fires. I especially like a super accurate 22. It's as new or new. I don't know what they go for ,but I got it as a leftover on the trade at$350 with mounts and rings. If it shoots good I'll keep it for my girls to bench shoot.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    BDJ, YOU DONE GOOD! You'll be happy with the 541-T! Especially at the trade price!!
    HUNT WALKERS, "I didn't need to carry a 22 that heavy"(quote)....So now I've got me a real * stomper that kills on both ends!!! I only shoot it a couple times at each range session (insttead of the 2-300 rounds before) because "I know it's right!!!!!" Has got to be the most far apart trade I've ever heard of!!! Hope you enjoy!! I got a kick out of reading about it!! GHD
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD It might have been a little far apart but it was calling out to me. It needed to go home and join the rest of the 700 classics.
  • BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunt Walkers you did alright in my book. But I already have the 700 Classic, now I want the 541. But I'm not trading the 700.

KC