In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone own a Presa Canario dog?

trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I am thinking of getting one of these and am wondering what people know of them or what their personal experience has been.The only thing I have really seen about them is 2 of them attacked and killed a woman in San Franciso but dont know if this reflets on the breed or how they were raised and treated.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Here, ya can read all about them,, http://www.presa-canario-canary-dogs.com

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Classic.I dont know about one of those.
  • old06old06 Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would steer clear of this breed. The American Stafforshire Terrier (pit bull) if your looking for this type and there a hand full. I spend count less hours teaching our's and could tell you they can be hard headed.

psalms 16
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I beleive I am.I dont like where it said "They are quick to test a owner with growling snapping and biting"I dont need a 100+ pound dog wanting to test me.I will be the only one to come out of that alive and thats a waste of money.From what I see they are around $1,000.00-$2,500.00 dollars.No Thanks.
  • ace22ace22 Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not the dog to have if you have a wife or kids or neighbors or other pets or friends for that matter.Aggressive and headstrong.Your homeowners insurance will be a thing of the past if they know you've got one.Most reputable breeders will INTERVIEW you before even considering parting with a dog.If they don't,find another breeder.Imagine a Pit bull/Rottwieler cross with a bad attitude.

I'm not a hippy!I'm a well groomed mountain man