In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7mm Hows the stroker comming!

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
Just wondering how the little fire ball of power is commin along?

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

Comments

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's coming, slowly but surely. I expect it to take me untill next spring to get it right as there will probably be repeated trips to the machine shop for final fittings. The steel crank is on back order and that is what is holding even beginning to asseble. My cam finally made it from Comp Cams and man you should see the humps on that sucker! After I get the engine together I need to do some work on the car. I have been pricing 10 pt cages and a narrowed sub frame so I can put the 9" narrowed rear in it. One thing about hotrodding these days is most of the fabrication is now done commercialy and is affordable. When I got into this 10 years ago if you wanted to narrow and tub, you needed to break out the welder and do it your self, most of this stuff is now available as bolt in.
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    My buddy just cracked his cam and bent 2 lifters in his a few days ago. Looks like he's back to the shop again. He's running his secondary motor in the toyota right now, just a 350 with camel heads, big cam, and carborator. I think he called the carb a quadra pump, I'm not sure, but it looks great and runs fast.

His nova is going to be down awhile, the new cam is being custom manufactured down south somwhares.

His funds got stripped after buying a every day car, hard to drive a stoker to work, gas gets expensive at 5-7 miles to the gallon with a tail wind.

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!