In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hunting African style

allthewayalltheway Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    ikedaikeda Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, that hunting with "high power" rifles is really cruel!
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    back to the ways it was before guns and bullets. people didnt always have the ability to be so humane in the killing of their food.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Ya gotta be hungry to take on a Cape Buffalo with spears, man.

I don't care how many of you there are, that's ballsy.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    CAPE BUFFALO??? What about that ELEPHANT MAN? He was throwin spears BACK AT THEM!!!
  • Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They sure did go Shaka Zulu on that hippo. Wonder how many of them got mauled by something in the making of that video.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    they certainly are persistant buggers arent they?

i was amused at first, but watching that elephant get taken down and catching a spear in the face, along with a dozen others troubled me to a degree. i understand that thats how its done over their and i dont begrudge them their chance to feed their families. just difficult to watch is all.
  • Options
    00buck00buck Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that what a flu shot is like with Obammmma Care?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was amazed at the speed, accuracy and sheer number of spears they could put on target.

It would be extremely dangerous to be the first guys in. Many must get seriously hurt or killed doing that.

Notice the one guy gets accidently hit with a spear, damn.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    CAPE BUFFALO??? What about that ELEPHANT MAN? He was throwin spears BACK AT THEM!!!

Ain't no way I can argue that, man. You're right.

quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    ...i was amused at first, but watching that elephant get taken down and catching a spear in the face, along with a dozen others troubled me to a degree. i understand that thats how its done over their and i dont begrudge them their chance to feed their families. just difficult to watch is all.

Yeah, that was hard to watch. Many of us have grown up in the era of African Elephants as stately, endangered creatures. It's hard to think of them merely as meat on the hoof.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For anyone who missed this video.

This is worth a watch.