In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Home invasion

jerjohjerjoh Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just saw this on WNEP TV
the TV version is a little different than the print version so I added what the news anchor stated

BERWICK, PA - A homeowner in Berwick fired a shotgun to chase away two robbers on Christmas Eve, police in Columbia County reported.

Berwick police say they arrested James Hopper on robbery charges following the incident on North Mulberry Street.

A warrant is out for the arrest of a second suspect, Jason Adamo.

According to police, Hopper and Adamo went to the home, assaulted three people inside, forced them to strip down to their underwear, and stole their money and cell phones.

One of the victims managed to notify the homeowner. Police say the homeowner got a shotgun, chased Hopper and Adamo out of the house, and fired a shot at their car.

"Hopper returned to the scene to complain about the damage to his vehicle where" Police later questioned Hopper and charged him with robbery.

If you know where Jason Adamo is, call police in Columbia County at (570) 784-6300.

Comments

• jerjohjerjoh Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever had someone come into your home while you were there?
    edited November -1
    http://www.king5.com/news/2-shot-in-Kirkland-home-invasion-87645727.html

Looks like the homeowner has, and will use his weapon appropriately!

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Two people were shot during a home invasion in Kirkland early Monday morning, say the King County Sheriff's Office.
    The incident happened just before 5 a.m. at a house in the 11000 block of Juanita Drive Northeast.
    King County Sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart said two people were shot - one suspect and a homeowner. Both were armed and apparently shot one another during the home invasion. The suspect suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Harborview Medical Center. The homeowner suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to another hospital.
    Urquhart said the homeowner grows medical marijuana at the house. It's unclear whether the marijuana grow operation was legal or not, but sheriff's deputies say an incident occured at the home last summer.
    "Home invasion robberies are virtually never random," said Urquhart. "So I don't think people need to worry about a robbery duo going out there, saying 'ini-mini-miny-moe' and picking a house. That doesn't happen."
    Urquhart said there may be a second suspect on the loose, though they are not 100% certain a second suspect was involved. Authorities say a King County sheriff's SWAT team is searching the nearby vicinity for the possible suspect and that residents shouldn't be too worried about the threat. Residents who see something unusual should call 911.
    Several blocks of Juanita Drive NE are closed, from Juanita Beach to Holmes Point Drive due to police activity. Drivers are advised to take alternate routes.
    edited November -1
    PINELLAS COUNTY, FL -- An Eastlake Woodlands woman made a beeline for the door when she saw what was next to her refrigerator Monday night.

According to deputies, 69-year-old Sandra Frosti heard a noise coming from her kitchen. When she went to check what it was, she saw the head of a large alligator.

Frosti called 911, "There's an alligator in my kitchen!" she explained. The emergency operator reportedly suggested it might be an Iguana. Frosti suggested otherwise and left the house.

Deputies showed up at the home a short time later and then called a trapper.

Deputies believe the 8-foot 8-inch gator was after the family cat. It apparently broke through the back porch screen door, entered the home through an open sliding glass door, and then made its way in through the living room, down the hall, and into the kitchen.

The gator was slightly injured as it was being trapped, when a plate was knocked to the ground cutting the alligator.[:o)][:D]
    edited November -1
    Turned out great.

quote:Eugene (KMTR) - Police have released the name of the deceased man involved in a home invasion that turned into a shooting.

Shawn Jeffrey Connelly, 44 from Springfield, was found dead inside the home after the resident shot him.

Police say the other suspect involved in the home invasion, Darrin George Dubouch, is being held on charges of Burglary in the First Degree and Robbery in the Second Degree.

They say Dubouch was seen running from a home where an alleged intruder was shot and killed.

The name of the 27-year-old man who was home at the time of the break-in is being withheld
    edited November -1
    Last night Anderson Cooper interviewed a retired hostage negotiator. They discussed how you should behave when you are taken hostage in your own home.

They covered subjects like don't argue with the hostage taker, accept that he is in charge, treat him like he is "king of the world", etc.

They covered all the "dos and don'ts", almost every possible behavior. The only thing they didn't mention was "SHOOT THE SON-OF-A-*!"
    edited November -1
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/18145632/detail.html
    Sad that this could have had a different outcome.
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, thank God

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in 1999 my grandmother was having her 75th Birthday and I requested leave to go celebrate it with her. My leave request was denied because it fell on the 4th of July holiday. It just so happened that someone took a battering ram (or some kind of battering device) and ripped the door to my parents house out of its frame while they were at work. Fortunately my little brother was at work too. They ransacked the house and stole some herilooms and electronics(including the watch that my grandfather gave me--the one he wore when he was in the Army). They even stole my brother's basketball!!! [:(!] This is a neighborhood where one could leave their bicycle on the front yard for a week and it wouldn't get stolen compared to the neighborhood where I once lived where I had three bicycles chained to fixed objects that were stolen.

When I take vacation and go home I sleep during the day and go out all night. I would have been home at the time. Dad now owns guns and is currently applying for his CCW. If my vacation was approved by my commander I would have been home alone without a weapon.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    It was probably 15 maybe 17 years ago. We had a rottweiler (sp?) that either stayed by the back door or else in the basement. This particular evening she was in the basement and the backdoor only had the screen door shut, the main door was open. I woke up to hear a terrible racket going on. After I grabbed my 870 and loaded 4 rounds of rock salt (my own recipe[:D]) I headed down to check things out. Got there to see the dog with some cloth in her mouth, the screen door completely busted out, and a teenage looking boy heading to the woods with a serious limp. I fired off a couple rounds into the air and woowee did he ever speed up. there I was thinking his leg was hurt, but he ran like a true criminal.

Another time I was heading out to the fishin hole and stopped by the gas station to pick up a 12 pack and some cigars. I had a walker dog laying in the back of the truck and when I came out he had his jaws around a young mans head. The dog had actually went over the side of the bed and was hanging off this guy. After the police checked everything out and got all the stories they found out the guy was going around stealing keys then ging for joy rides later on....
    *that was one of the funniest things I ever saw...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, and they had guns.......and badges.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Once in 1993 and it was a Colonel and a Major doing a shakedown to make sure us GI's didn't have firearms in our domiciles.

They freaked out in my room when they found bipods, magazines, and empty shells and boxes of ammo, not contraband.

My rifles were in my truck.

Others weren't so lucky and got caught with their stash, lost rank and their firearms.

Makes me feel safer knowing our government disarming us is making us all safer.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not in the house, but it's related.

Good 30 years ago. Sittin in the back yard havin an ice tea and enjoying the end of the day. Workin a split shift arrangement so I'm killin a few minutes for I head in. Wife's in the house and things are runnin at low ebb.

Around the corner of the house comes this scrawney fella wearin a fall weight jacket that is none to clean and about 2 sizes to small, unkempt hair sticking out every which way.

Don't think he saw me at first, it was that false light just before dusk, then he came to a screechin halt just about the time I asked him if I could help him. Talk about "deer in the headlights", he froze stiff then started mumbling about wanting "Betty" then "Sue" and a couple other names that I couldn't catch. That's when I eased up off the swing, in uniform, and said "son none of them folks are here but Smith and Wesson is, and you just need to stand easy now". Patted him down, cuffed him and called the town PD. Turns out he was the one involved in couple places that were hit by a sneak thief, and after a couple more days he had been linked to similar stuff in a couple of nearby towns. As it ended up the guy had walked away from a group home and had a long history of this stuff.

In the office we had a bulletin about petty thefts, but, it was being attributed to kids, and the other towns were in another county where it was also thought to be the work of kids and never circulated to neighboring departments.

bomb_line_3.gif
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    About 15 years ago I was watching Monday Night Football and I heard a big clatter of cans on my front porch, I grabbed my shotgun and flung the door open to see someone running away from the house and across my field. Just to make sure he got good exercise I fired a couple of blast in the air. I put my aluminum cans on the front porch at night so I can put them in the recycle barrel the next morn, that is what he kicked over. Good burglar alarm hey!

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes..A drug team with a warrant looking for my step son..Woke me from a sound sleep in the middle of the night.He hadn't lived there in years. He doesn't live anywhere now, he is dead. Drugs ain't good...

There are no bad guns, only bad people.